Windows 10: App opening by itself

Discus and support App opening by itself in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been having a problem recently around like every 20-30 mins some app opens for a second then closes itself I haven’t seen what app it is nor can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bigboinoah, Jan 24, 2022.

1. App opening by itself

I have been having a problem recently around like every 20-30 mins some app opens for a second then closes itself I haven’t seen what app it is nor can I seem to figure out what it is but whenever I play a game it takes me back to the desktop of my pc either that or makes my game lag after it happens and if I’m on a web browser like chrome it just closes out of it and reopens it does anybody know what would be doing this and or how I can fix it?

:)

Bigboinoah, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App opening by itself :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 24, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

App opening by itself

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

App opening by itself [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

App opening by itself

1. App opening by itself - Similar Threads - App opening itself

2. Your Phone app opens by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone app opens by itself: I'm having issues with the Your Phone app on my PC opening by itself, despite disconnecting it on my phone and even closing the app entirely on my PC from the icons area of the taskbar.It seems like, several times a day, the app just starts up by itself, and so I get notified...
  3. Your Phone app opens by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app opens by itself: I'm having issues with the Your Phone app on my PC opening by itself, despite disconnecting it on my phone and even closing the app entirely on my PC from the icons area of the taskbar.It seems like, several times a day, the app just starts up by itself, and so I get notified...
  4. App opening by itself

App opening by itself: I have been having a problem recently around like every 20-30 mins some app opens for a second then closes itself I haven’t seen what app it is nor can I seem to figure out what it is but whenever I play a game it takes me back to the desktop of my pc either that or makes my...
  5. Windows Office App opening by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Office App opening by itself: Hi, After I upgraded to Windows 1909, every time I open the Steam or go to Emby in Chrome the Windows Office app opens right after. How can I stop this? Also I have uninstalled the Office app, it reinstalls itself when I open the Steam or go to Emby in Chrome and then...
  6. Windows Office App opening by itself

Windows Office App opening by itself: Hi, After I upgraded to Windows 1909, every time I open the Steam apps or go to Emby in Chrome the Windows Office app opens right after. How can I stop this? Also when uninstall the Office app, it reinstall itself when I open the Steam app and then Office app opens....
  7. Cortana opens itself

Cortana opens itself: Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself...….in Full Screen. Not immediately and I did not time it. It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure...
  8. Cortana opens by itself ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana opens by itself ???: Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not time it. It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure if this fact is...
  9. Explorer opening by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opening by itself: This happened just now as I was reading an article via Chrome. I heard a sound on my speakers and then Explorer opened. It has done this many times recently. It opens but nothing happened. I've checked the Event Viewer but see nothing out of the ordinary. Is there something...
  10. Explorer opens by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opens by itself: Always to the same place, the root of one of my network drives. When it happens I am using Chrome and reading something. Most likely the NY Times. Nothing is seemingly downloaded. There are no other user sessions besides my own. The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise. All...