Windows 10: App OpenText Exceed 15x64 installs automatically everytime I login or try to delete a...

Discus and support App OpenText Exceed 15x64 installs automatically everytime I login or try to delete a... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Every time I log into computer or try to delete a file or folder from windows explorer I get message that OpenText Exceed 15 x64 trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohammad M.H., Jun 20, 2020.

1. App OpenText Exceed 15x64 installs automatically everytime I login or try to delete a...

Hello

Every time I log into computer or try to delete a file or folder from windows explorer I get message that OpenText Exceed 15 x64 trying to install. But the install does not succeed with error message as follows:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or choose an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Open Text Exceed 15 x64.msi' in the box below."

The box shows the directory : c:\WINDOWS\TEMP\OpenText\. When I browse this directory I cannot find the directory 'OpenText'. The drop down menu does not have another option to browse to another location.

How can I turn off this automatic install feature? I cannot uninstall the OpenText Exceed 15 x64 and that is not possible.

Thanks for help and feedback.

:)

Mohammad M.H., Jun 20, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink App OpenText Exceed 15x64 installs automatically everytime I login or try to delete a... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 20, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    Windows.old automatically deleted the day after installing Windows 10

A simple websearch would have given you info quicker than complaining about someone suggesting to upgrade to Windows 10 and something causing the Windows.old to be deleted, which I doubt was caused by Microsoft.
    Rebuild System Partition

The second way here we can put forward is to rebuild the system partition. If you don't want to pay a penny to do the lost partition recovery, try this method. Note that this requires you have the Windows installation disk. Now follow the instructions to begin.
    Preparatory work:
    Boot the computer using the Windows installation media for your running OS. Then on the first installation screen, press SHIFT+F10 to bring up the command prompt.
    Now run the following commands at the command prompt.
    Step 1:
    bootrec /fixmbr
    Step 2:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition n (n is the Windows OS partition)
    active
    exit (exit diskpart)
    Step 3:
    bootrec /fixboot
    Step 4:
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

bro67, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

App OpenText Exceed 15x64 installs automatically everytime I login or try to delete a...

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

App OpenText Exceed 15x64 installs automatically everytime I login or try to delete a...

1. App OpenText Exceed 15x64 installs automatically everytime I login or try to delete a... - Similar Threads - App OpenText Exceed

2. I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...: I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to delete the folder it doesn't show anything. For context, this is a leftover folder which I have deleted most of the files already, but now only this folder is left behind and cannot be...
  3. I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...: I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to delete the folder it doesn't show anything. For context, this is a leftover folder which I have deleted most of the files already, but now only this folder is left behind and cannot be...
  4. HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll...: HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll error as belowi tried to register DSCIMGUTL.DLL and it failedI believe this is some windows error because my colleagues didnt have this error while they installed in windows 10. Can...
  5. HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll...: HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll error as belowi tried to register DSCIMGUTL.DLL and it failedI believe this is some windows error because my colleagues didnt have this error while they installed in windows 10. Can...
  6. HI! I'm trying to install opentext xPression in windows 10 but getting error DSCIMGTUL.dll...

7. Everytime I try to open a program The deletion confirmation pops up and If I press No It...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime I try to open a program The deletion confirmation pops up and If I press No It...: This post is in windows 7...
  8. Everytime I try to open a program The deletion confirmation pops up and If I press No It...

Everytime I try to open a program The deletion confirmation pops up and If I press No It...: This post is in windows 7...
  9. xbox app cannot see gaming services everytime i try to install a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app cannot see gaming services everytime i try to install a game: im trying to install atomic heart on my main machine, but when i click install the game gets stuck at 0% downloadingafter trying to cancel the download it doesn't work it stays there , therefore i restarted the xbox app, but after the restart xbox app no longer see's nor...
  10. xbox app cannot see gaming services everytime i try to install a game

xbox app cannot see gaming services everytime i try to install a game: im trying to install atomic heart on my main machine, but when i click install the game gets stuck at 0% downloadingafter trying to cancel the download it doesn't work it stays there , therefore i restarted the xbox app, but after the restart xbox app no longer see's nor...