Windows 10: App or process blocked: taskhostw.exe

Discus and support App or process blocked: taskhostw.exe in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having run a Defender scan I saw the following message in the protection history: Protected memory access blocked 16/10/2020 10:17 App or process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Honey Baja, Oct 16, 2020.

1. App or process blocked: taskhostw.exe

Having run a Defender scan I saw the following message in the protection history:

Protected memory access blocked

16/10/2020 10:17

App or process blocked: taskhostw.exe

Your Administrator has blocked this action.

Protected folder: \Device\ Cd Rom0

Blocked by Controlled Folder Access

You can allow aps to access your protected memory, but you should only allow apps that you trust.

I would be grateful if a Microsoft Moderator could advise me as to what this means, as I'm not very technically minded.

Many thanks.

:)

Honey Baja, Oct 16, 2020

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Wynona Win User
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

I did a search for taskhostw exe and found the following:

App or process blocked:  taskhostw.exe [​IMG]

That's a lot of 'em!

Wynona, Oct 16, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.

I did the test I suggested. It is definitely a permissions issue. Tried to extract the contents, and it barked loudly at me. I think you would have to change the permissions at the root level and down for folder "Program Files". Not recommended.

App or process blocked:  taskhostw.exe [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. App or process blocked: taskhostw.exe - Similar Threads - App process blocked

2. What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?: I saw it in task manager. I can't find it online. It had a NordVPN icon. I couldn't find it in any NordVPN file folders though.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-0vfo21l0exe-process/7ac9861c-3e18-4b41-8a11-8e7c10860d40
  3. Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe: Having lots a problems with opening different apps on my computer like SteelSeries GG, had problems with Rockstar Launcher and ended up in a rabbit hole about problems, I couldn't open protection history for a while until I did a fix still can't open it sometimes, think it's...
  4. Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe: Having lots a problems with opening different apps on my computer like SteelSeries GG, had problems with Rockstar Launcher and ended up in a rabbit hole about problems, I couldn't open protection history for a while until I did a fix still can't open it sometimes, think it's...
  5. Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. App or process blocked nvcontainer.exe

App or process blocked nvcontainer.exe: There is another question similar to this posted back in 2017, I was unable to see an answer. So why does Windows Security block this? It seems to be protecting a folder %userprofile%Videos\tdbswd56pcap . What is this? should I allow this to be unblocked? I have GEFORCE TTX...
  8. Blocked exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  9. Protected memory access blocked App or process blocked: DDVDataCollector.exe

Protected memory access blocked App or process blocked: DDVDataCollector.exe: Hi, hope someone can help with this please. I am getting the message seen in subject title multiple times a day, can be as much as 30 or 40 times. Have seen previous threads and replies, with some suggesting turning off protected folder restriction etc. Not sure that is the...
  10. Exe blocked.

Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...