Windows 10: App Permissions for Desktop apps (ScreenRec)

Discus and support App Permissions for Desktop apps (ScreenRec) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; <p>I have a small YouTube channel and record videos via screen recording software. On my Dell XPS 12 laptop (With Windows 10 Pro) I recently installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ianex, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Ianex Win User

App Permissions for Desktop apps (ScreenRec)

<p>I have a small YouTube channel and record videos via screen recording software. On my Dell XPS 12 laptop (With Windows 10 Pro) I recently installed a software called ScreenRec that records screen videos as well as system audio and audio from the built-in microphone.&nbsp; In the app's settings, I turned the microphone to 'on' and when I started a test recording the words "Mic On" came on in green to show me that external audio (My Voice) was being recorded. I said a few words out loud and stopped the recording. Upon playing it back, I turned my laptop's volume to around 60 and there was no audio in the recording. There had been no internal audio playing from the speaker but my voice wasn't picked up. I tried again - same outcome. In settings, I went to 'Privacy' and then under 'Permissions' I went to microphone. The microphone access for my device was on, but in the list of apps where I could turn mic permission on or off there were only options for pre - installed apps that come with Windows 10. I don't know how I can enable mic permission for an app I installed myself.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Any answers?&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Thanks,</p><p></p><p>Ianex</p>

***Original Title: App Permissions***

:)

Ianex, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 13, 2019
  4. App Permissions for Desktop apps (ScreenRec)

TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

App Permissions for Desktop apps (ScreenRec)

1. App Permissions for Desktop apps (ScreenRec) - Similar Threads - App Permissions Desktop

2. Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone: Hey, Ive used the screenrec app on my computer before and it has always worked just fine, but today I found that it wasn't recording audio. I went to my security and privacy folder and tried turning on permission to the mic but it gave me a message that some apps may not be...
  3. Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone: Hey, Ive used the screenrec app on my computer before and it has always worked just fine, but today I found that it wasn't recording audio. I went to my security and privacy folder and tried turning on permission to the mic but it gave me a message that some apps may not be...
  4. Apps and Permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps and Permission: Why are some Apps asking for permission of access to ALL of this??? So NOT COOL! Access all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs, and registry: The app has the ability to read or write to all your files including documents, pictures, and music and registry...
  5. Cant access permissions for desktop apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant access permissions for desktop apps: I need to allow my browser (chrome) to access camera and microphone in order to do video conferencing. In the permissions settings page desktop apps are allowed permissions but none show up. I am also unable to access app settings from either right clicking in start menu or...
  6. Microphone Permission Control for specific desktop apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone Permission Control for specific desktop apps: Hello there, Under privacy Settings->Microphone you can adjusts which Microsoft Store apps can access your mic. Lower on said page it tells you which desktop apps use your microphone and allows you to activate or deactivate it generally. However i don't see any way to...
  7. App Permissions

App Permissions: <p>I have a small YouTube channel and record videos via screen recording software. On my Dell XPS 12 laptop (With Windows 10 Pro) I recently installed a software called ScreenRec that records screen videos as well as system audio and audio from the built-in microphone.&nbsp;...
  8. App Permissions

App Permissions: Why is it that when I like the look of an app and read the permissions granted to it I get the information below. It seems to allow every app access to everything even if it in not necessary for the correct function of the app. Surely the permissions should only relate to the...
  9. App permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App permissions: Can I give a specific app permission to make changes to my computer without asking my permission every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/app-permissions/dbce68ba-bbb8-4487-baeb-cc89b3e48527"
  10. Permissions with personal VB desktop app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions with personal VB desktop app: Hi, I created a VB desktop app for personal things, I tried first to copy the entire folder to somewhere in C drive but don't let me, the same happens installing it with MSI file, even I'm logged as admin and with full permissions, this only happens with these kind of files,...