Windows 10: App Permissions

Discus and support App Permissions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; <p>I have a small YouTube channel and record videos via screen recording software. On my Dell XPS 12 laptop (With Windows 10 Pro) I recently installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ianex, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Ianex Win User

App Permissions

<p>I have a small YouTube channel and record videos via screen recording software. On my Dell XPS 12 laptop (With Windows 10 Pro) I recently installed a software called ScreenRec that records screen videos as well as system audio and audio from the built-in microphone.&nbsp; In the app's settings, I turned the microphone to 'on' and when I started a test recording the words "Mic On" came on in green to show me that external audio (My Voice) was being recorded. I said a few words out loud and stopped the recording. Upon playing it back, I turned my laptop's volume to around 60 and there was no audio in the recording. There had been no internal audio playing from the speaker but my voice wasn't picked up. I tried again - same outcome. In settings, I went to 'Privacy' and then under 'Permissions' I went to microphone. The microphone access for my device was on, but in the list of apps where I could turn mic permission on or off there were only options for pre - installed apps that come with Windows 10. I don't know how I can enable mic permission for an app I installed myself.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Any answers?&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Thanks,</p><p></p><p>Ianex</p>

:)

Ianex, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 12, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 12, 2019
  4. App Permissions

permission for app

Hi INEZharris,

This question is quite unclear and incomplete for the readers to distinguish an appropriate answer. We’d like to request for a clarification from your concerns for us to understand you better. To help us provide you an accurate
    answer, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• What is this permissions are you talking about? What kind of assistance do you require from it?
    • What is the name of the app that you want to change permissions?
    • Are you experiencing issues on your local account or
      Microsoft account? If yes, then what is it? Please state the complete details.

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase questions and concerns in our community.
    In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate answers.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

App Permissions

1. App Permissions - Similar Threads - App Permissions

2. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  3. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  4. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  5. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  6. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08
  7. [Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...

[Camera App] Audio does not get recorded despite all permissions being allowed and hardware...: When I try to record a video via the camera app, the audio does not get recorded. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-audio-does-not-get-recorded-despite-all/57e88e08-bba3-45df-ae49-70af9fafde08
  8. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  9. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  10. How to stop giving permission every time on phone link app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop giving permission every time on phone link app: For the last few weeks, possibly after the One UI 6 update, permission has to be given every time to mirror the phone screen on Phone Link windows 11. This never used to be case, since permission was only required once after rebooting the phone. I have reset the phone and...