Windows 10: App photos (?) are too small

Discus and support App photos (?) are too small in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So, this has happened with my apps, it happened a couple months ago, i've looked up and watched way too many youtube videos of people trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by linzimargiotta, Jul 4, 2019.

1. App photos (?) are too small

App photos (?) are too small 848576b3-48c8-4f44-a265-816cfb8cd0a2?upload=true.png
    So, this has happened with my apps, it happened a couple months ago, i've looked up and watched way too many youtube videos of people trying to fix everything but this problem. If you know how to revert it back to normal, please help a girl outApp photos (?) are too small :) thanks!

:)

linzimargiotta, Jul 4, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 4, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 4, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

App photos (?) are too small

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done App photos (?) are too small :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

App photos (?) are too small

1. App photos (?) are too small - Similar Threads - App photos are

2. Resizing photo's results in too small photo's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing photo's results in too small photo's: I just got a new laptop. Only thing I wanna use it for is browsing the internet, e-mail and simple photo editing.The new laptop has Windows 11, and I absolutely hate it so far. Windows 10 was so much better.Even the simple task of resizing photo's and uploading to my website...
  3. Resizing photo's results in too small photo's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resizing photo's results in too small photo's: I just got a new laptop. Only thing I wanna use it for is browsing the internet, e-mail and simple photo editing.The new laptop has Windows 11, and I absolutely hate it so far. Windows 10 was so much better.Even the simple task of resizing photo's and uploading to my website...
  4. Photo editor - image too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo editor - image too small: HiIt is very hard to edit a photo since the latest update of photo editor as the image is too small. I am trying to edit screenshots with information on them and the image is now so small on the screen it is very difficult.Any suggestions? Thanks...
  5. Photo editor - image too small

Photo editor - image too small: HiIt is very hard to edit a photo since the latest update of photo editor as the image is too small. I am trying to edit screenshots with information on them and the image is now so small on the screen it is very difficult.Any suggestions? Thanks...
  6. apps are opening too small

apps are opening too small: What has changed? Graphic design software and others are too small to see-- I am visually impaired. I went to>System. >Display, >increased text size. OK on browser, some programs like email but have lost others. This began 5/20/23....
  7. apps are opening too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps are opening too small: What has changed? Graphic design software and others are too small to see-- I am visually impaired. I went to>System. >Display, >increased text size. OK on browser, some programs like email but have lost others. This began 5/20/23....
  8. Windows Photo Viewer Printing Too Small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer Printing Too Small: Hi everyone. We are having an issue where when we go to print photos using Windows Photo Viewer. For example, if we want to print a 4x6, we select the 4x6 2-up layout, and then select "fit to frame". Normally, it would fit the photo to be exactly 4x6 inches. It is printing...
  9. Windows Photo Viewer Printing Too Small

Windows Photo Viewer Printing Too Small: Hi everyone. We are having an issue where when we go to print photos using Windows Photo Viewer. For example, if we want to print a 4x6, we select the 4x6 2-up layout, and then select "fit to frame". Normally, it would fit the photo to be exactly 4x6 inches. It is printing...
  10. Windows desktop app icon “Photo” too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows desktop app icon “Photo” too small: [IMG][IMG]I just purchased a surface pro 7 a week ago and its fully up to date with the only new software being the Krita digital art app and office. Very few other app installations from the store. I opened the laptop up today after not using it for a few days and the Edge...