Windows 10: App Photos is not working from I upgraded to Windows 11

Discus and support App Photos is not working from I upgraded to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Photos App is not working with this error "The specified procedure could not be found"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ibrahim Ouenzar, Jan 15, 2022.

1. App Photos is not working from I upgraded to Windows 11

Photos App is not working with this error "The specified procedure could not be found"

:)

Ibrahim Ouenzar, Jan 15, 2022
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jan 15, 2022
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 15, 2022
  4. App Photos is not working from I upgraded to Windows 11

Windows 10 Photos app not working

Hello,

We'll be glad to help. Let's go ahead and get the issue resolved.

We would suggest you to follow the following methods listed below.

Method: 1

Try running windows app troubleshooter & check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method: 2

Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.
    Method: 3

We would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Photos app for Windows help.

Let us know if these methods been helpful to you. If the issue persists, send us a message and we'll be here to help you further.

Thank you.

Noreen Mon, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

App Photos is not working from I upgraded to Windows 11

1. App Photos is not working from I upgraded to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - App Photos working

2. Microsoft Photo App not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photo App not working after Windows 10 Upgrade: After a recent Windows 10 upgrade, photos I upload are sidewise or upside down. It is not just the newest photos; it is all photos I imported since 2016. They are not that way in my phone. They are not that way on the UBS device I store them on. Photos were once organized by...
  3. Microsoft Photo App not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App not working after Windows 10 Upgrade: After a recent Windows 10 upgrade, photos I upload are sidewise or upside down. It is not just the newest photos; it is all photos I imported since 2016. They are not that way in my phone. They are not that way on the UBS device I store them on. Photos were once organized by...
  4. Microsoft Photo App not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The photos app that came with Windows 11 stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The photos app that came with Windows 11 stopped working: New laptop with windows 11, 21H2. Photos app was working, but all of the sudden it won’t even open - both when clicking on a photo or just opening the app by itself. I have tried restarting the laptop, checked for any updates both Windows and the App Store repairing the app,...
  6. The photos app that came with Windows 11 stopped working

The photos app that came with Windows 11 stopped working: New laptop with windows 11, 21H2. Photos app was working, but all of the sudden it won’t even open - both when clicking on a photo or just opening the app by itself. I have tried restarting the laptop, checked for any updates both Windows and the App Store repairing the app,...
  7. Windows Photo App Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo App Not Working: All of a sudden my Windows Photo App isn’t opening my pics. I’ve tried deleting the app, repairing & reseting it. I set a different app as my default photo app but the same error comes up from the windows photo app? Not sure what else to do can do. Can someone please help me....
  8. Windows 11 photos app -- can I prevent it from reorganizing my photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 photos app -- can I prevent it from reorganizing my photos?: I have searched like crazy for detailed help documentation to get this answer, but can only find high-level information. I need to understand more about the app features. Most importantly, I need to know if I can still use the app without it moving any of my files to a...
  9. Windows 11 photos app -- can I prevent it from reorganizing my photos?

Windows 11 photos app -- can I prevent it from reorganizing my photos?: I have searched like crazy for detailed help documentation to get this answer, but can only find high-level information. I need to understand more about the app features. Most importantly, I need to know if I can still use the app without it moving any of my files to a...
  10. App Photos is not working from I upgraded to Windows 11

App Photos is not working from I upgraded to Windows 11: Photos App is not working with this error "The specified procedure could not be found" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-photos-is-not-working-from-i-upgraded-to/434814c8-f00c-4773-9445-59a21f0fb51e