Windows 10: App pops up on a second monitor window, which is disconnected

Discus and support App pops up on a second monitor window, which is disconnected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So i've been using a second monitor for a while but had to move my laptop for a few reasons. The problem i'm having is: Apps that have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NoUsernameAvalibility, Jan 11, 2021.

1. App pops up on a second monitor window, which is disconnected

Hello,

So i've been using a second monitor for a while but had to move my laptop for a few reasons.
    The problem i'm having is: Apps that have previously been closed on my currently unused second monitor all pop up outside my current screen, on an imaginary second monitor.
    I have tried looking on the microsoft forums, but no answer has been of any help to me.
    Windows + P -> PC Screen Only doesn't work.
    How can i bring my window back to my current laptop screen?

:)

NoUsernameAvalibility, Jan 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 11, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    windows not recognizing second monitor

Hello,

Windows may not recognize another external display device if the display drivers are outdated, or that the monitor is turned off or not plugged in correctly, etc. For us to isolate the issue in connecting a second monitor in Windows 10, kindly respond to
    the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did the second monitor work before?
    • Have you tried using the monitor to a different computer?
    • What happens if you disconnect your primary monitor and connect the second monitor to make it the main monitor?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 11, 2021
  4. App pops up on a second monitor window, which is disconnected

Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
      • No. It only works if I disable the driver so that it reverts to the Basic Microsoft driver. But then it will not connect to the external monitor.
      • Driver details for Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
        • Driver version: 21.20.16.4505
        • Driver date: 19/08/2016

• I also tried to update this driver to no avail so I rolled it back.
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?
      • It is connected via an HDMI cable.

• Is it possible that the update/roll back process left remnants of the program in the Registry etc and these are interacting in a way to stop the proper functioning the graphics? Just a thought. When I did the update it asked me if I wanted it installed in
      the existing drivers folder? I said yes. Was this the right thing to do?
    • When I disconnected the screen as you asked the laptop display remained blank. Restarting had no effect. As I said above, at the moment the only way I can activate the laptop display is disable the Intel driver and revert to the Microsoft Basic Driver but
      then I can't connect to the external screen.

Raffaele2100, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

App pops up on a second monitor window, which is disconnected

1. App pops up on a second monitor window, which is disconnected - Similar Threads - App pops second

2. Second monitor randomly disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor randomly disconnecting.: Hello there, I own a Samsung Syncmaster 910MP with a VGA port and a Lenovo legion laptop 82JY009GCC running windows 11. Since the laptop can only take an HDMI port I bought an adapter https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KLKQN9U?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details to connect it...
  3. Second monitor randomly disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor randomly disconnecting.: Hello there, I own a Samsung Syncmaster 910MP with a VGA port and a Lenovo legion laptop 82JY009GCC running windows 11. Since the laptop can only take an HDMI port I bought an adapter https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KLKQN9U?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details to connect it...
  4. Taskbar Issue on Second Monitor Not Popping Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Issue on Second Monitor Not Popping Up: This is a relatively minor inconvenience, but I'd still like to see if I can find a solution. I have my taskbar set to automatically hide and I have it set to show on both displays. On my main monitor, when I bring my mouse to the bottom of the screen, the taskbar pops up as...
  5. Taskbar Issue on Second Monitor Not Popping Up

Taskbar Issue on Second Monitor Not Popping Up: This is a relatively minor inconvenience, but I'd still like to see if I can find a solution. I have my taskbar set to automatically hide and I have it set to show on both displays. On my main monitor, when I bring my mouse to the bottom of the screen, the taskbar pops up as...
  6. Bluetooth disconnects second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disconnects second monitor: I have a second monitor that connects to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The second monitor will randomly disconnect and reconnect whenever I try to play audio using a Bluetooth earpiece. I am very certain it has to do with an issue where Bluetooth is drawing power away from...
  7. How to disconnect second monitor (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disconnect second monitor (Windows 10)?: A certain user (not me) is having trouble disconnecting an external monitor. The computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 10. In one geographical location User attaches an external monitor to the Lenovo. That monitor has half of User's work. At the second location...
  8. a menu popped up asking which app to connect to

a menu popped up asking which app to connect to: I accidently clicked windows media player when a menu popped up asking which app to connect to. I tried a trillion ways to separated the windows 10 phone from windows media player but cannot. Can anyone help....
  9. Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor

Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor: Hello, so basically, i'm a new technician about 3 months into my first job, i'm trying to complete the hardware renewals i'm still on the last one of 2018 for this reason. there is a computer that is hooked up to a big monitor around the corner from where the actual pc is....
  10. dialog/pop up boxes, opening on the second monitor, this is an issue

dialog/pop up boxes, opening on the second monitor, this is an issue: Hello, so basically, i'm a new technician about 3 months into my first job, i'm trying to complete the hardware renewals i'm still on the last one of 2018 for this reason. there is a computer that is hooked up to a big monitor around the corner from where the actual pc is....