Windows 10: App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd

Discus and support App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I attempt to log out from my desktop, I sometimes see a message on screen that the app CIntfEnumNotifWnd is preventing it. If I ignore the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ExtremelyConfused24, Feb 12, 2024.

1. App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd

When I attempt to log out from my desktop, I sometimes see a message on screen that the app CIntfEnumNotifWnd is preventing it. If I ignore the message, the log out continues as normal. I can’t see any app on my computer with the name CIntfEnumNotifWnd. Is it malware, a virus, or a Microsoft tool? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ExtremelyConfused24, Feb 12, 2024

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 12, 2024
  4. App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd

Mystery app preventing Windows 10 shutdown after update.

After much searching, and trying many, many suggestions, this is what eventually worked for me:-

Run Windows System File Checker
    Your Windows PC comes with an in-built system file checker utility program. It can scan your system files and let you know if there is some corruption over there for which you get smashed
    with the error message “Task Host Window Preventing Shutdown”. You must follow these simple steps here to run the Windows System File Checker,

• Press the Windows Logo Key + X from your PC
    • From the drop-down list select the Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Click on Yes if prompted for permission. It will open the elevated command prompt on your system
    • Now, type in the following command and press the enter button
    • sfc /scannow
    • Then, wait until the System File Checker continues the process of scanning. Press Y if the program asks for permission to apply the fixes for your missing system files
    • Finally, Restart your PC once again and check if you can get over the problem there
    I found the above on a list of several suggestions, which are on the following link, but the above was what removed the problem for me.

https://silicophilic.com/this-app-is-preventing-shutdown-in-windows-10/

GavinGillespie, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd

1. App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd - Similar Threads - App preventing log

2. App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd: When I attempt to log out from my desktop, I sometimes see a message on screen that the app CIntfEnumNotifWnd is preventing it. If I ignore the message, the log out continues as normal. I can’t see any app on my computer with the name CIntfEnumNotifWnd. Is it malware, a...
  3. App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App preventing log out CIntfEnumNotifWnd: When I attempt to log out from my desktop, I sometimes see a message on screen that the app CIntfEnumNotifWnd is preventing it. If I ignore the message, the log out continues as normal. I can’t see any app on my computer with the name CIntfEnumNotifWnd. Is it malware, a...
  4. Log out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log out: Hi! Last night my whole computer like restarted but the same time it didnt? i got logged out from all my accounts steam, epic games, minecraft, google and my background was gone. I dont know if this a microsoft issue I just want help....
  5. Edge logging me out of an app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge logging me out of an app: I have a program called didtheyreadit.com It works with the email. If I go more than a couple of minutes between uses, I am automatically logged out of the program. I contacted their support and they say it's the browser security settings. It works with Edge. How do I fix...
  6. Log out hidden window app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log out hidden window app: When I shut down my laptop a notice comes up with a hidden window app what is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-out-hidden-window-app/7778cc8f-b623-4134-97c4-2d42f2206d6c"
  7. Log out functinality without logging out?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log out functinality without logging out?: Ola everyone! Everyone is familiar with the log out function in Windows 10; windows key+L, which takes us to the log in screen! Is there a function that gives us the same features as the log out function, but allows for the program running to be displayed on screen instead...
  8. log out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log out: my stuff has been compromised I want logged out of all communities https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-out/511a6042-ac30-4b77-9565-d8635bd97f0f"
  9. LOG out of MSN for an app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LOG out of MSN for an app: Need to log out of MSN for an app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-out-of-msn-for-an-app/6188df90-e5e9-4ef8-a953-ada051c82732
  10. Logging out Windows built-it Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Logging out Windows built-it Mail App?: Is there a way to sign out the Mail app? I did turn the Sync off, but I was wondering if there's a way to completely sign out, or even remove this app? 38894