Windows 10: App Readiness

Discus and support App Readiness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I work in a school and have gone over to Windows 10. Logon was very slow and found out that uninstalling all apps and disabling app readiness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew Speddy, Nov 26, 2018.

1. App Readiness

Hi, I work in a school and have gone over to Windows 10. Logon was very slow and found out that uninstalling all apps and disabling app readiness seemed to more than half the login times which is great at the moment, the problem we have now is that windows updates fail due to app readiness being disabled. Is there a workaround for this issue? App readiness adds a minimum of 60 seconds to log in times. Thanks in advance

:)

Andrew Speddy, Nov 26, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

APP Readiness

Hi Joe,

App Readiness gets apps ready for use the first time a user signs in to this PC and when adding new apps. We would like to know, are you trying to enable the App Readiness service on startup? If yes, kindly refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key together on the keyboard.
    • Click on Run.
    • In the Run command search box, type services.msc and click on
      OK.
    • In the Services window locate App readiness, right click on it and select
      Properties.
    • In the App Readiness properties window, check if the Startup type is set to manual or Automatic.
    • If the Startup type is set to Automatic (Delayed Start) change it to manual or Automatic by choosing from the drop down menu.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

John Vil, Nov 26, 2018
  3. App Readiness - Stopped working

Hi Joe,

There could be a number of reasons as to why you are experiencing app issue in Windows 10. This could be caused by software conflict or if the App Readiness service has failed to start. The App Readiness service is running as a local system in a shared process
    of svchost.exe.

Kindly verify the changes made to the computer prior to the issue. Are you getting any error messages when trying to open any applications?

Meanwhile, you have to make sure that App Readiness service is running. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command, type services.msc and then hit
      Enter
    • Double-click App Readiness from the list of Services (Local).
    • Go to the General tab. Under Startup type, select
      Automatic from the drop-down list.
    • Click Start.
    • Click Apply and then hit OK.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

App Readiness

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App Readiness :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

App Readiness

1. App Readiness - Similar Threads - App Readiness

2. PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option: I ran the compatibility test with PC health App and it says that my system is eligible for Windows 11. However, I don't get any option in the windows update to upgrade...
  3. PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option: I ran the compatibility test with PC health App and it says that my system is eligible for Windows 11. However, I don't get any option in the windows update to upgrade...
  4. PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen: Whenever I open my Microsoft Store app it is stuck in the getting ready screen, i cannot access store settings and when i reset Microsoft Store using msreset it opens and gets stuck on the same screen again....
  6. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen: Whenever I open my Microsoft Store app it is stuck in the getting ready screen, i cannot access store settings and when i reset Microsoft Store using msreset it opens and gets stuck on the same screen again....
  7. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

8. The PC Health Check app says that my PC HP Pavilion All-In-One - 24-b250na is not ready...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The PC Health Check app says that my PC HP Pavilion All-In-One - 24-b250na is not ready...: The PC Health Check app says that my PC HP Pavilion All-In-One - 24-b250na running an Intel Core i5-7400T processor @ 2.4 GHz is not ready for upgrade to Windows 11 due to an unsupported processor. However, when I look at the compatible list of processors for Windows 10 22H2...
  9. The PC Health Check app says that my PC HP Pavilion All-In-One - 24-b250na is not ready...

The PC Health Check app says that my PC HP Pavilion All-In-One - 24-b250na is not ready...: The PC Health Check app says that my PC HP Pavilion All-In-One - 24-b250na running an Intel Core i5-7400T processor @ 2.4 GHz is not ready for upgrade to Windows 11 due to an unsupported processor. However, when I look at the compatible list of processors for Windows 10 22H2...
  10. The PC Health Check app says that my PC HP Pavilion All-In-One - 24-b250na is not ready...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. app readiness

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. what is app readiness

4. set App Readiness to manual