Windows 10: App refusing to uninstall

Discus and support App refusing to uninstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys. I am trying to uninstall a VPN so that I can upgrade to a newer version of it so that I can connect to a client's system. Was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jmrtinz15, Jan 13, 2021.

1. App refusing to uninstall

App refusing to uninstall 1SeXqLiyAVNF1nown_hH9dgJDrYZu3nU8bQSLiTEI5k.jpg

Hey guys. I am trying to uninstall a VPN so that I can upgrade to a newer version of it so that I can connect to a client's system. Was told to wipe it and then just install the new version. Unfortunately I have tried almost everything I can think of to get rid of it.

1. Uninstall from the app menu - no luck
    2. Install CCleaner - no luck
    3. Tried downloading the VPN again - no luck
    4. Tried installing the newer version of it - no luck
    5. Tried repairing the VPN - no luck

So basically I have a VPN that does not work. It says that "Service is down". Only way to fix it is to upgrade to the new version (according to the client's IT team). Getting very frustrated with this. Only thing left is to mess with the registry. Any other ideas I can try?

Edit:

When trying to uninstall via windows -> apps and features -> uninstall as well as using ccleaner I am met with this popup. I have left it sitting like this overnight and it did not do anything

https://preview.redd.it/sglb1as8c7b...bp&s=bb3b0db4e811828574c5b1985c467a5d8e055b73

When trying to repair/install same version and new version I am met with this popup

https://preview.redd.it/by57h6q3c7b...bp&s=4f4b43cc7ecdeb24e4dbce65f6b81a5d9a968b2d

submitted by /u/jmrtinz15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jmrtinz15, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Robbo123 Win User

cant uninstall 3dmark06

Should do the job, if you cant uninstall it, just delete everything you can find via windows explorer, and if it refuses to go, use some fileshredding software like what you suggested above!

Robbo123, Jan 13, 2021
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused App refusing to uninstall :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

App refusing to uninstall

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, App refusing to uninstall :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

App refusing to uninstall

1. App refusing to uninstall - Similar Threads - App refusing uninstall

2. Twitter refused to be fully uninstalled.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Twitter refused to be fully uninstalled.: Hello. Twitter can't be opened, so i decided to uninstall it and re-install. After i've uninstalled it, the icon of the old twitter won't disappear. I tried installing twitter once again but it said "error". And then i ended up with two twitters and both can't be opened....
  3. Xbox App Refuses to Install

Xbox App Refuses to Install: I bought the XBOX ultimate pass with the expectation that I would be able to play Sea of Thieves with my friends. However, I need the XBOX app, and it will not, under any circumstance, install. I can download the SOT app, as well as all other apps on the store with no...
  4. Xbox App Refuses to Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Refuses to Install: So what happens is the app just freezes whenever I click "install" and I have to use task manager to force quit the app. Anybody else have this problem, and how to fix it? I really want to be able to make use of my gamepass....
  5. Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games

Windows Store refuses to uninstall or install games: I got Xbox Game Pass the other day and played Forza just fine for a few hours while I had Sea of Thieves download. Yesterday I played Forza and didn't realize that the game that I had started downloading when I started playing, Outer Worlds, had failed to download until the...
  6. Windows update broke keyboard functionality and refuses to uninstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update broke keyboard functionality and refuses to uninstall: So after one of the updates from the past few days, keyboards no longer work on my computer. as soon as I restarted my computer to install an update yesterday, my keyboard immediately stopped working. There's nothing wrong with any of the 3 keyboards I attempted to use, they...
  7. Photos App refuses to start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App refuses to start.: Hi, as the title says I'm experiencing some extreme difficulty with my photos app. Upon attempting to open any image file I'm presented with this same error for all of them: [ATTACH] I've gone through multiple different support threads and done everything I've seen...
  8. uninstalling apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstalling apps: i need to free up space before i can do a system reset but i don't know which apps i can delete. i don't want to delete something I'm not suppose to. how do i know what i can delete?...
  9. Program refuses to be uninstalled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program refuses to be uninstalled: Bitdefender (an anti-virus program) is giving me trouble. After running for a week it gave trouble (refused to accept my sign-in details and even a new attempt to register under new details). It refuses to run and it keeps in asking me to re-install it, which I do but I get...
  10. Windows Store app broken and refuses to uninstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store app broken and refuses to uninstall.: When I open the Windows Store app, it immediately closes. Event Viewer says this: "Activation of the app Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked with error 0x80073CFC because its package is in state: Error from application of...