Windows 10: app reset

Discus and support app reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just completed a "system" update and I have had 4 or 5 instances of "an app has been reset"!?!?! I have read a few threads here regarding this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BHudgins58, Dec 4, 2020.

1. app reset

Just completed a "system" update and I have had 4 or 5 instances of "an app has been reset"!?!?!

I have read a few threads here regarding this, appears to have been happening since February.

My question is simply this.

When I get this message there is no indication of Which App Has Been Reset.

How can I find out what apps are being reset AND does MS have any intention of replying to this issue with direct answers?

:)

BHudgins58, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Resetting the Photos App

Hi Michael,

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

• Click Start menu > Type Apps & features.
    • Select the app that you want to reset in the list of all the installed apps.
    • Click the Advanced Options link under the application's name.
    • Tap the Reset button to reset an app's settings.
    • A confirmation message will pop up. Click Reset button to confirm you want to clear the app's data.

Let us how it goes.

Karla Alm, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. app reset :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 4, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

app reset

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

app reset

1. app reset - Similar Threads - app reset

2. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  3. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  4. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  5. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  6. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

9. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps: In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11...
  10. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps: In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11...