Windows 10: App says it is incompatible when it should be

Discus and support App says it is incompatible when it should be in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I downloaded Halo Infinite off of steam and when I went to launch it it kept on saying "Halo Infinite has stopped working" so I went into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoseGhaleb, Nov 28, 2021.

1. App says it is incompatible when it should be

Today I downloaded Halo Infinite off of steam and when I went to launch it it kept on saying "Halo Infinite has stopped working" so I went into the game files and troubleshooted the compatibility of the game and it stated " Incompatible operating system version. Please update your windows 10 operating system to fall creators update Version 1709 or higher"My operating system in windows 10 version 1803. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

JoseGhaleb, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App says it is incompatible when it should be :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 28, 2021
  3. moxojo Win User
    Splash screen says "this PC is unable to run windows 10" - Compatibility report says "You're Good to Go"

I have a weird issue where the Windows 10 App is giving different information depending on what screen I am on.

When I first open the app it says "Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10" (See screen shot below)

App says it is incompatible when it should be 417c1062-34da-41e9-843b-b5111b291b3d.jpg

So I click on the "View Report" to check the compatibility issue and I get a clean bill of health saying "You're good to go, Your PC will work with Windows 10"

App says it is incompatible when it should be 8b9e6d02-5777-481b-a89e-f31c7793461d.jpg

What gives? I have not seen the temp folder showing that any files are getting downloaded in preparation for an install.

Background:

• The first time the compatibility report ran I had the widely reported issue of the CPU being reported as incompatible. I followed the instructions for forcing the patch for the App to be installed and I forced the compatibility checker to be re-run by following
      the steps over here https://www.infopackets.com/news/9619/how-fix-cpu-not-compatible-windows-10-error (steps that are also suggested on this forum)
      • for whatever reason I got a confirmation saying that the compatibility checker had run in the command prompt but when I opened the app the last run day was from over a month ago and it still listed my CPU as being incompatible
      • Tried several more times with the same result
    • When the Launch date happened the App must have run itself as the "last run" date changed to 7/29 and the compatibility check says I am all good. But the splash screen still says this PC is unable to run windows 10
    • Uninstalling the app and re-downloading the necessary KB's doesn't fix the problem
    System info:

• Lenovo W520 4270CTO
    • CPU: i7-2960XM @ 2.70 GHz
    • Video Card - Intel HD Graphics
    • Video Card Discrete - NVIDIA Quadro 2000M
    • Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
    Any thoughts / suggestions? Thanks!

moxojo, Nov 28, 2021
  4. App says it is incompatible when it should be

Win10 anniversary update stops because of an incompatible app, which however is not shown

I have the same problem. I uninstalled Microsoft office as it says it was the Microsoft access. miu which is incompatible. after that it still shows some app is incompatible but donot name which app. now let me try uninstalling VLC player as you suggested.
    will get back if not solved.

JampelTshering, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

App says it is incompatible when it should be

1. App says it is incompatible when it should be - Similar Threads - App says incompatible

2. What should I do when app say no internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do when app say no internet?: For some reason, when open chrome and searching something, it always say no internet but i was conected to wifi, only microsoft edge don't have that bug, i has to reinstall the chrome but it's fail. My game say no internet, but after reinstall it works normal, other don't...
  3. What should I do when app say no internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do when app say no internet?: For some reason, when open chrome and searching something, it always say no internet but i was conected to wifi, only microsoft edge don't have that bug, i has to reinstall the chrome but it's fail. My game say no internet, but after reinstall it works normal, other don't...
  4. What should I do when app say no internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11: Any game I install through the XBOX app using game pass will not run.The above example is Atomic Heart but I get this on every game installed to C:\Games\Xbox. Installation directory is a new SSD mounted as a folder C:\Games\ in a folder called Xbox. This SSD works perfectly...
  6. Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11

Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11: Any game I install through the XBOX app using game pass will not run.The above example is Atomic Heart but I get this on every game installed to C:\Games\Xbox. Installation directory is a new SSD mounted as a folder C:\Games\ in a folder called Xbox. This SSD works perfectly...
  7. W11 Installation Media says my PC is incompatible when it is

W11 Installation Media says my PC is incompatible when it is: Hi Guys,I've recently been having a lot of trouble attempting to update to W11 22H2 and have had failed attempts after trying everything I can think of.Updated DriversChecked the Update troubleshooterRan the following .bat SC config trustedinstaller start=auto net stop bits...
  8. W11 Installation Media says my PC is incompatible when it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Installation Media says my PC is incompatible when it is: Hi Guys,I've recently been having a lot of trouble attempting to update to W11 22H2 and have had failed attempts after trying everything I can think of.Updated DriversChecked the Update troubleshooterRan the following .bat SC config trustedinstaller start=auto net stop bits...
  9. App says it is incompatible when it should be

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App says it is incompatible when it should be: Today I downloaded Halo Infinite off of steam and when I went to launch it it kept on saying "Halo Infinite has stopped working" so I went into the game files and troubleshooted the compatibility of the game and it stated " Incompatible operating system version. Please update...
  10. it says my game is incompatable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it says my game is incompatable: medieval total war it downloaded perfectly fine and when I try to run the program it tells me it needs administrative permission but I'm the administrator on my computer . so I ran the trouble shooting help guide and now its saying the game is incompatible . please tell me is...