Windows 10: App searches still show old icons

Discus and support App searches still show old icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VincentJoshuaET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftewvf/app_searches_still_show_old_icons/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VincentJoshuaET, Apr 1, 2020.

1. App searches still show old icons

/u/VincentJoshuaET, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Apr 1, 2020
  3. aosman Win User
    Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

Hi there, I have a similar imperfection which showed up upgrading to creators pack 2. When I search for Window store apps, (i.e. Mail, Calculator, Feedback, Edge) with Cortana, I always get blank icons. The app icons appear if I dock them to start or to task bar and they all work. It's only the icon that is missing when I search.

I have tried rebuilding search index, reinstalling whatever apps I can actually reinstall (like mail) and what was suggested above, but it does not fix it. Any ideas?

I have reported it to Microsoft via feedback app, but wondering if anyone else has been able to manually fix it.

App searches still show old icons [​IMG]

App searches still show old icons [​IMG]

aosman, Apr 1, 2020
  4. App searches still show old icons

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

App searches still show old icons

1. App searches still show old icons - Similar Threads - App searches still

2. Windows 10 app showing old icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 app showing old icon: I tried AtlasOS and then install back to Windows10 and I realized this icon is so old idk what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-app-showing-old-icon/9eec9c82-eda0-4612-99a1-f5f310a5e258
  3. Windows 10 app showing old icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 app showing old icon: I tried AtlasOS and then install back to Windows10 and I realized this icon is so old idk what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-app-showing-old-icon/9eec9c82-eda0-4612-99a1-f5f310a5e258
  4. Windows 10 Still Showing old icons in the search box : How can i fix it

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Still Showing old icons in the search box : How can i fix it: I have updated microsoft store and also updated windows to latest but nothing happened i reinstalled windows and then also nothing happened : plz if anyone know something to fix this plz help me .btw search box showing old icons and start menu list showing new icons...
  5. Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps: The search shows old and uninstalled apps but not the newly installed apps, they are present in the start menu but don't come in search. I manually added the start menu folder AGAIN to the Windows indexing location and rebuilt the index but it still doesn't work. Running...
  6. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...
  7. Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps: The search shows old and uninstalled apps but not the newly installed apps, they are present in the start menu but don't come in search. I manually added the start menu folder AGAIN to the Windows indexing location and rebuilt the index but it still doesn't work. Running...
  8. Some Apps still have old icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Apps still have old icons?: Title says it. For example, my windows 10 still uses the old Settings and Defender icons. Havent the new icons rolled out long time ago? I kinda expected to have them after the 20H2 upgrade but alas, nothing. Is it a bug or are they really not all rolled out yet? Thanks!!...
  9. Search still shows old icons after updating.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search still shows old icons after updating.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_sahil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8jm8d/search_still_shows_old_icons_after_updating/
  10. windows search shows old apps

in Windows 10 Support
    windows search shows old apps: I used a program to remove built in apps like groove music and edge yet they still show up in the search results. Nothing happens when I click on them but how can remove them from the search results? 81840