Windows 10: App settings sync between devices?

Discus and support App settings sync between devices? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, In win 8 if I made a change to a setting in mail or IE or added a favourite this information would sync to my other devices so everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paulsalter, Aug 10, 2015.

1. App settings sync between devices?

Hi,

In win 8 if I made a change to a setting in mail or IE or added a favourite this information would sync to my other devices so everything was identical

with Mail or Edge in 10, they seem to run totally independent on my machine, no settings or favourites get synced, so I have to do the same config/changes on both devices

Is this normal behaviour?
    If so, has anyone heard if syncing will come back at some point or are all devices independent now

same MS account on both and all syncing options turned on

Thanks

:)

paulsalter, Aug 10, 2015
  2. joegerm Win User

very sluggish SMS on Lumia Icon running Win10 Mobile

SOLVED!

from Messaging app, go into Settings, turn off 'Sync messages between devices'

joegerm, Aug 10, 2015
  3. P_K_13 Win User
    syncing notifications between Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile

If you use Skype Preview as the default messaging app (in Messaging settings), then you can sync between PC and phone.

P_K_13, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

App settings sync between devices?

Hello Paul,

App settings are no longer listed in Sync settings, but "Web browser settings" is to be turned on if not already.

You might see if you may be able to use OPTION TWO below to manually set the Enabled DWORD to 1 in the AppSync key may turn it on for you.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Thanks for the info

it was already on so i toggled it off then back on to see if it makes a difference, registry key is already on 1

main one I trying to get is favourites, I have them mostly set up how I want in Edge on the desktop, and hoping to get it to auto replicate this on my tablet

I will check in a while to see if anything changes

Cheers

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

App settings sync between devices?

1. App settings sync between devices? - Similar Threads - App settings sync

2. Windows 10 isn't syncing my settings between my devices.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 isn't syncing my settings between my devices.: So I've read multiple posts from people who've already had the same problem with this years ago. Where they turn on Sync Settings and those settings are suppose to match with any device that has Window 10 and is signed into the microsoft account, but it doesn't work.I just...
  3. Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled

Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled: So I have a QWERTY laptop and an AZERTY desktop, both linked to the same microsoft account. And even thought the "Sync my Settings" option is disabled, my desktop still automatically changes my wallpeper to the one I have on my laptop, and some of my settings too for example...
  4. Syncing setttings and apps between accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Syncing setttings and apps between accounts: We recently bought a surface, and I set it up using my account. It is primarily my wifes surface so all the settings and apps and software are hers. However I am getting a second surface for me. How do I move the settings and apps etc to her microsoft account we created...
  5. Syncing settings across devices

Syncing settings across devices: Hi, I've got a Surface Pro 7 and a Surface Laptop 3 and I'm trying to sync my settings across both but it says "Sync is not available on your account". Both devices are running Windows 10 Pro and I have them signed into a work account. Does anyone know what the issue is?...
  6. Windows 10 Sync Between Devices Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Sync Between Devices Not Working: I have a windows 10 laptop, sync is turned on in Settings and in Edge browser I bought a new laptop, signed in to windows with the same account, turned on all the sync settings New laptop will not sync to match the existing laptop windows settings I've spent 4 hours...
  7. Sync Alarms between Devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Alarms between Devices?: Is it possible for me to sync alarms on the Windows Alarm clock between devices? For example, for me to set an alarm up on my tablet, and have it ring on my phone? 96144
  8. Question about sync between devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about sync between devices: I have three computers, desktop with W10 Home, two laptops with W10 Pro. Which of those devices would be the host when it comes to syncing with the other two? Does the OS being Home or Pro affect which one takes over as host? There was a time when I had sync set to yes on...
  9. App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile: How to: App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile How to Turn On or Off Share Apps Across Devices on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 introduced a new privacy option in Settings to let apps on...
  10. Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Devices using Bluetooth in Window 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Devices using Bluetooth in Window 10: How to: Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Devices using Bluetooth in Window 10 How to Turn On or Off Sync Apps Between Windows 10 Devices using Bluetooth [img] Warning This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 build 15002. [img] Information...