Windows 10: App shuts down after few seconds of work

Discus and support App shuts down after few seconds of work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A I use an app from ASUS, which is called "Asus Splendid". It enhances picture and I make color temperature warmer. And it worked fine while I was on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ADIKANT, Sep 29, 2018.

1. ADIKANT Win User

App shuts down after few seconds of work

A I use an app from ASUS, which is called "Asus Splendid". It enhances picture and I make color temperature warmer. And it worked fine while I was on 1709 but few weeks ago I updated to 1803 and this application doesn't start up with windows 10 so I have to launch it myself, but after a few seconds of sometime minutes it stop working and I see how color temperature of my screen suddenly makes colder and I really hate it. Looks like windows turns it off in purpose of saving some energy of my laptop of smth like this, but it never happened before and battery life of my laptop always was nice. So is there any solution of solving this problem?

:)

ADIKANT, Sep 29, 2018
  2. MartynasB Win User

PC only shuts down on a second try

Hello,

I posted here yesterday asking for help on a similar problem yesterday: GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown - Windows 10 Forums

Basically, what happens now is as follows: When I press shutdown from start menu and the PC screen goes black at the end of it, I can hear components stopping their work, but pretty much all fans keep working (PSU fan, case fans, GPU fans). They work for 20-30 seconds and then I hear a Mobo beep (the same one you hear when you turn on your PC) and the PC boots back like it's nothing. When I reach login screen and shut down again from there, the PC fans again keep spinning after components turn off, but only a few seconds this time. The PC components then turn on and immediately turn off together with the fans.

Sorry for the poor phrasing, English is not my native language and I try my best here.

This complicated double-take shut down process only began after I disabled fast startup in Windows 10 (some guys on various forums suggested that I do that). Before I disabled them, the problem was like the one I linked to in the beginning. The whole problem started after I installed a second HDD. During the installation I also removed the GPU to allow me to fix some cables.

Besides the shut down, the PC seems to be working just fine. No crashes, no BSODs - nothing. Only this strange shut down.

Things I've already tried:
    • Disabling fast startup
    • Removing my second hard drive
    • Changing its SATA plugs
    • Changing SATA cables
    • Changing HDD power connector cables
    • Removing and putting back the GPU
    • Updating chipset driver
    • Shutting down from login menu

MartynasB, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 29, 2018
  4. App shuts down after few seconds of work

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

App shuts down after few seconds of work

1. App shuts down after few seconds of work - Similar Threads - App shuts down

2. Windows 11- Preparing Automatic Repair, then shuts down in a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- Preparing Automatic Repair, then shuts down in a few seconds: Hello,My windows 11 pc suddenly turned off, I assumed due to low battery and plugged in my charger. After waiting and then re starting the laptop, the screen said ‘Preparing Automatic Repair’ and then shut off again. The laptop will not stay on for more than a few seconds,...
  3. Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall: I recently did a full Windows 10 Cloud reinstall on my laptop. Everything went fine until it suddenly got stuck at 36% "Resetting this PC" on the ACER screen. I then decided to turn off the laptop by holding the power button. Now when I turn on the laptop, after a few seconds...
  4. Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall: I recently did a full Windows 10 Cloud reinstall on my laptop. Everything went fine until it suddenly got stuck at 36% "Resetting this PC" on the ACER screen. I then decided to turn off the laptop by holding the power button. Now when I turn on the laptop, after a few seconds...
  5. Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Adobe Acrobat shutting down after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe Acrobat shutting down after few seconds: In newly installed Windows 10 Pro Adobe Acrobat X PRO keeps shutting down after several seconds,It does not matter whether Acrobat is started alone or just opened from pdf file.It does not help when started with Administrator privileges.The same problem I have on 2nd computer...
  7. Adobe Acrobat shutting down after few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Acrobat shutting down after few seconds: In newly installed Windows 10 Pro Adobe Acrobat X PRO keeps shutting down after several seconds,It does not matter whether Acrobat is started alone or just opened from pdf file.It does not help when started with Administrator privileges.The same problem I have on 2nd computer...
  8. Adobe Acrobat shutting down after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. USB game controller shuts down after a few seconds after connecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB game controller shuts down after a few seconds after connecting it: SpeedLink Xeox controller It worked fine up until a few days ago, and it still works when tested on another machine but not on my PC. In Device Manager it gives this error: A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this...
  10. PC shuts down seconds after logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down seconds after logging in: It just started happening about 35 minutes prior to posting this. I was burning a dvd and the pc attempted to shut down, but I kept mashing the escape key until the dvd finished burning. I then let it shut down. But upon reboot and login, cmd starts and then pc shuts down...