Windows 10: App size sometimes not shown in uninstall menu.

Discus and support App size sometimes not shown in uninstall menu. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The uninstall menu in my control panel does not show some applications sizes. This is problematic as I have a storage issue and most of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patrick Donnahoo, Nov 22, 2018.

1. App size sometimes not shown in uninstall menu.

The uninstall menu in my control panel does not show some applications sizes.

This is problematic as I have a storage issue and most of the applications that don't show their sizes are larger than four gigs.
    The largest size shown is 3.90gb although there are some programs without a listed size that aren't anywhere near that large.
    My device is an Inspiron 13 5379 2-in-1

:)

Patrick Donnahoo, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Unable to uninstall an app

First of all, I haven't tried any troubleshoot steps.

I tried to uninstall it at control panel.

Now, from the list of programmes at the control panel, the app has disappeared (I don't know if it has uninstalled) but the folder of the app is still on the start menu app list.

How do I delete the folder from the list of apps on the start menu.

Thank you.

DanielAnkamah Mensah, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Catbill Win User

App size sometimes not shown in uninstall menu.

Are Program Sizes Reasonable As Shown in “Uninstall or Change a Program"?

Under “Uninstall or change a program” in the Control Panel, I happened to notice some peculiarities in the sizes. Examples:

Adobe Acrobat X Pro is 9.65GB

Caliber 64bit is 1.93GB

Eight programs (HP Smart Print, KnowBrainer Professional, Overdrive for Windows, Omron Health Management Software, HL-L2340D, Xmarks for IE, MS Office Labs Search Commands, UAC Trust Shortcut) are 1.70GB, 1.69GB, or 1.68GB

Three programs for an HP Deskjet 1000 are 1.06GB, 1.05GB, and 1.04GB.

Four Adobe programs (Contribute CS5, Content Viewer, Widget Browser, and Community help) that are shown as being installed the same day all happen to be the same size: 519MB.

Some programs were tiny when installed. The folder for UAC Trust Shortcut (under c:/Programs), for example, is less than 1MB. Yet the size for uninstalling it is more than a thousand fold greater.

Clearly files in addition to the original download file would be deleted when programs are uninstalled but it does not seem reasonable that large files would be needed for simple programs such as UAC Trust Shortcut.

Question 1: Is it correct to assume that sizes shown in this list can include many files in addition to the installed program file, including some that are very large?

Question 2: Are the sizes shown for these programs reasonable, even for very simple programs?

Question 3: If they are not reasonable, what could account for the sizes?

Question 4: Is there any reason for concern that several programs have similar or identical sizes? It doesn’t seem like there could be but thought it worth asking.

Question 5: If there is a problem, what can be done?

Catbill, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

App size sometimes not shown in uninstall menu.

1. App size sometimes not shown in uninstall menu. - Similar Threads - App size sometimes

2. Recent File Cannot be Shown in Apps pinned in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent File Cannot be Shown in Apps pinned in Start Menu: Hi Microsoft,I just switch from Win10 to Win11.In Win10, for the pinned apps of Word, Excel and Powerpoint in the Start menu, right click the mouse button can show the recent used files.However in Win 11, this function is disappeared for pinned apps in Start menu. It seems...
  3. Recent File Cannot be Shown in Apps pinned in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent File Cannot be Shown in Apps pinned in Start Menu: Hi Microsoft,I just switch from Win10 to Win11.In Win10, for the pinned apps of Word, Excel and Powerpoint in the Start menu, right click the mouse button can show the recent used files.However in Win 11, this function is disappeared for pinned apps in Start menu. It seems...
  4. App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled: When I checked the Apps in Settings, I found a 2.7TB app with Chinese name, later when i restarted the laptop the app's name was in Chinese, again but with new characters and when I closed the Settings and came back it was the unnamed app again. My disk size is far from TB...
  5. App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled: When I checked the Apps in Settings, I found a 2.7TB app with Chinese name, later when i restarted the laptop the app's name was in Chinese, again but with new characters and when I closed the Settings and came back it was the unnamed app again. My disk size is far from TB...
  6. Start Menu App Size Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu App Size Too Small: I cannot find a way to make certain app icons to appear full The steam is what I dont want my apps to look like, But the pink game with the face is what I want my apps to look like, I dont want to change any text along with this....
  7. Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled WS Apps Stuck on Start Menu: So I just uninstalled a couple of Windows Store (or UWP) apps and while they did uninstall successfully, it left behind multiple icons on the start menu. I've tried everything from resetting (running WSReset) to clearing registry keys but to no avail. Since these are store...
  8. Why Setting Header is not shown sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why Setting Header is not shown sometimes: [ATTACH] after i clean install 20H2 Windows 10, Setting Header Shown randomly. Several Day is Okay but some days it's not okay https://preview.redd.it/wy2vbua5hzz51.png?width=1198&format=png&auto=webp&s=0e471af867983d4ee805c7fbd2d1137531846f75 why? your setting header...
  9. The title names in Apps are sometimes not shown only small icons are show as shown in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The title names in Apps are sometimes not shown only small icons are show as shown in...: [ATTACH][ATTACH]See names of thumbnails are absent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-title-names-in-apps-are-sometimes-not-shown/efa53a17-f470-48c3-ae21-bc7c47ca8267
  10. Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not deleting uninstalled apps: I have uninstalled several apps from the Microsoft Store, and also gone into the store and hidden them in my library. However, the start menu insists on continuing to show these apps. I have also gone in start menu programs in file explorer, but it doesn't show these. How can...