Windows 10: App (Slack) is enabled to start up on Login, everywhere but here (greyed out)

Discus and support App (Slack) is enabled to start up on Login, everywhere but here (greyed out) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Slack for work. I want it to auto startup on login to windows. I have the settings in the app set to do so. it's also enabled in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SpderWeb, May 15, 2019 at 11:22 AM.

1. SpderWeb Win User

App (Slack) is enabled to start up on Login, everywhere but here (greyed out)

I have Slack for work. I want it to auto startup on login to windows. I have the settings in the app set to do so. it's also enabled in Taskmanagers startup list. BUT. If you go to Start> type Startup, in there... It's disabled AND greyed out so I can't change the setting. Any ideas?

App (Slack) is enabled to start up on Login, everywhere but here (greyed out) 3432820b-3a30-406e-8823-e8658bc9f7bd?upload=true.jpg

:)

2. 'Show app list in Start menu' is disabled (greyed out)

I tried to switch on 'Show all apps in Start menu' but the option in Settings > Personalisation > Start is disabled (the toggle and associated text is greyed out). 'Show most used apps' is also greyed out (not that I want this one...).

I can't see a way of getting this list back - what do I have to do to get it enabled?

Brian Westhead, May 15, 2019 at 11:26 AM
  3. ckristi Win User
    Apps greyed out and underlined in Windows 10 Start Menu

I was trying your solution and got as far as step 4. My apps that are greyed out (Mail and Calendar) don't even show up in the text file. I was going to skip the uninstall & just try to install; but don't know the apps Name to use, since they aren't
    in the text file. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

4. SILENT Win User

Window's Slack is frozen

The Windows app opens and loads Slack but then Slack freezes. Even the quit button doesn't work. I have to force-ably shut it down via the task manager. The Windows app's menu bar does work but some of its corresponding actions don't (like quit that just simply closes the window but does not shutdown slack). The slack website does work.
    I tried

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling it on a Windows 10 x64
    2. Help > Reset App Data - this resets the app but once I login to my slack account, its frozen all over again.

It looks like the Slack frozen yet it still receives updates for channels. I just can't navigate to any other channel, type or scroll up/down in the current channel.

Thema:

1. App (Slack) is enabled to start up on Login, everywhere but here (greyed out) - Similar Threads - App Slack enabled

2. Purchased Minecraft App is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased Minecraft App is greyed out: I purchased Minecraft last year and I recently attempted to install it on my PC. On the Minecraft page, the box shows free, but its greyed out. It's been like this for several months now. WSRESET.exe doesn't work and the powershell execution policy trick doesn't work...
  3. WinHTTP greyed out and unable to start it

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinHTTP greyed out and unable to start it: Hi, so I have been trying to fix an issue with Teredo and I need IP helper to start in order to do so. Thus WinHTTP must start but it is greyed out and I cant click to start it. Any Ideas how to fix this?...
  4. WinHTTP greyed out and unable to start it

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinHTTP greyed out and unable to start it: Hi, so I have been trying to fix an issue with Teredo and I need IP helper to start in order to do so. Thus WinHTTP must start but it is greyed out and I cant click to start it. Any Ideas how to fix this?...
  5. start up login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    start up login: i started my computer and i typed my pin for the account but its appears saying that '' you cant sign in with this account try a different account'' can someone please help me out with this?...
  6. Store app greyed out, doesn't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store app greyed out, doesn't start: Hey guys, I've a problem and need some help . [img] I was using store and updating both Store and Share.it apps, the update seems to be stuck for some time it was taking long time than usual. Then suddenly store app was closed and don't open any more !! (in the...
  7. Can't login anymore the box is greyed out and there's no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't login anymore the box is greyed out and there's no cursor: So, I know exactly what caused this problem, but I can't do anything about it anymore because I can't even get past the blue login screen. This all happened when I decided I was going to download a game I used to play called Mabibogi, silly me, I should have checked if it was...
  8. New apps will save to: Greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    New apps will save to: Greyed out: For some reason the option to save new apps to my 2nd drive is greyed out however I can save documents, music, pictures and videos there. Ive reset windows to a fresh install, reformatted the drive. Rebooted a ton of times and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? [img]...
  9. Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out: Seems like the apps are stuck in "update" mode and they just pop up a few milliseconds and then close when clicked. [img] Have tried running this code in Powershell as admin (found it here): Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  10. show app notification greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    show app notification greyed out: Why is my show app notification greyed out? I see that my organization is "workgroup". This is my personal computer! 25822