Windows 10: App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds?

Discus and support App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi! I'm trying to get the output to my wave link mixer but no options would show up for system sounds, the rest of the apps like Chrome,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Emternal, Jan 26, 2021.

1. App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds?

App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds? 3KUAosEYFU-eDyz22FSnXCWgHdWiigF3mp8gL7-CMao.jpg

Hi!

I'm trying to get the output to my wave link mixer but no options would show up for system sounds, the rest of the apps like Chrome, Discord and all of that lets me change the output and inputs, system sounds only gives me "default"

Is there a fix for this? I've tried researching this issue and couldn't find a solution, hopefully someone here will be able to help App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds? :)

https://preview.redd.it/55zyemgzbqd...bp&s=74eed8c0b3cd9c0e1db64cc1ad490f85dfa3dff9

submitted by /u/Emternal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Emternal, Jan 26, 2021

2. System sounds Output to device other than Default

The Sound Setting dialog's App volume and device preferences dialog does not appear to let you set the
    Output choice for System sounds to anything other than
    Default. If I use a headset for calls, it is handy to have the headset as my default device. I almost never want or care about system alerts/sounds going to the headset. I always want System sounds to go to speakers (vital to hear the ring
    tone associated with an incoming call !). It would be a perfect use of the options on this settings dialog.

Why can't I set System sounds Output device to something other than the current Default? Am I missing something? If not, this is a poor design choice and really needs to be fixed.

MarkDrajeske, Jan 26, 2021
  3. ShogoXT Win User
    Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Jan 26, 2021
  4. JCW1A Win User

App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds?

No sound output device on Windows 10 with analogue speakers

Hello,

I have a HP Envy desktop running Windows 10, version 2004. The desktop has analogue surround sound outputs connected to a surround sound system (Creative Inspire T6300).

The sound system was working perfectly (until a recent Windows update?) but now there is no sound at all. There is no longer any output device listed in the output device sound settings. I have double checked that the surround system is still properly plugged
    in and powered. The volume control is still illuminated when on and I hear a faint click as the system is switched on and off as normal.

The Device Manager lists a "High Definition Audio Device" and the Webcam. I have tried to update the driver but to no avail. The Troubleshooter offers me only options to troubleshoot the NVIDIA outputs on the HDMI connector which is no help.

This has me really baffled - I would really appreciate any ideas or assistance!

JCW1A, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds?

1. App sound devices not letting me change the output for system sounds? - Similar Threads - App sound devices

2. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  3. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  4. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound output device disappering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output device disappering: Hi, ever since I updated to Windows 11, my monitor keep disappearing from the audio output device list my primary speakers are connected to this monitor, which is connected to my PC via display port on my graphics card.This happens almost always when I switch from the...
  6. Sound output device disappering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound output device disappering: Hi, ever since I updated to Windows 11, my monitor keep disappearing from the audio output device list my primary speakers are connected to this monitor, which is connected to my PC via display port on my graphics card.This happens almost always when I switch from the...
  7. Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GrandeNJR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgda83/is_it_possible_to_change_output_device_for_system/
  8. No output sound devices on system after updates?

No output sound devices on system after updates?: What happened to the Audio Driver after the Windows update 10. I am unsure how to reinstall the Realtek Audio? I think? Says there is no output devices installed?...
  9. How to change sound output of an app when switching sound devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change sound output of an app when switching sound devices: Everytime I switch from headphones to speakers on a fullscreen app, it does not have sound unless I restart the application. I've tried to change the output in the "App volume and devices preferences" but of course my app does not appear there. There was an option in windows...
  10. No Sound No Output device

No Sound No Output device: Running 19042.746 on a ASUS 2n1 computer. I believe this started 1 or 2 updates ago. I have no sound from the speakers or earphones with "the hardware device is not connected to the computer Code45" and "No output devices found" no pull down for choice. Device manager does...