Windows 10: App-specific keyboard shortcuts

Discus and support App-specific keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just recently got a Windows 10 PC, and I am having a problem. While general keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) work in all applications,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BillSamuel, Dec 4, 2015.

1. App-specific keyboard shortcuts

I just recently got a Windows 10 PC, and I am having a problem. While general keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) work in all applications, shortcuts specific to an application don't work. Is there a fix for this problem?

:)

BillSamuel, Dec 4, 2015
  2. kth7 Win User

Launch Path for UWPs

I have a MS wireless keyboard 3000 v2. With the MS mouse and keyboard centre, some of the shortcut keys can be used to trigger specific actions or launch specific apps.

I have not trouble setting shortcuts for win32 apps but not for UWP apps. If I create a shortcut for the UWPs on the desktop and reference to open the UWP via that shortcut I get an catastrophic error prompt.

App-specific keyboard shortcuts [​IMG]

any ides to launch a UWP?

kth7, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Micosoft 5000 Keyboard windows10 (64 bit)

How to allocate shortcuts to specific keys on 5000 keyboard

KevinFielding, Dec 4, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

App-specific keyboard shortcuts

whats one of the shortcuts specific to a program ,so I can try it on mine to see if it works

caperjack, Dec 4, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    caperjack, Dec 4, 2015
  6. AndreyT Win User
    So, what application are you talking about? And what keyboard shortcut doesn't work specifically?

AndreyT, Dec 4, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

App-specific keyboard shortcuts

1. App-specific keyboard shortcuts - Similar Threads - App specific keyboard

2. Exclude specific keyboard layourt from shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude specific keyboard layourt from shortcut: I now have three languages available to me. I switch between them with Shift+alt hotkey combination. But this does not fit for me. I want to keep the all three keyboard layouts that available to me, but I only want to use hotkeys to switch between two of them and manually...
  3. Exclude specific keyboard layourt from shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exclude specific keyboard layourt from shortcut: I now have three languages available to me. I switch between them with Shift+alt hotkey combination. But this does not fit for me. I want to keep the all three keyboard layouts that available to me, but I only want to use hotkeys to switch between two of them and manually...
  4. Could not type specific keyboard shortcut key [plus] key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not type specific keyboard shortcut key [plus] key.: Hey, I have been using Asus Vivobook Pro 14 from few recent days I have not been able to use Plus or Addition button integrated with = button I just doesn't type. All my other Shortcut buttons are working fine like *& etc. I also tried touch keyboard it could also doesn't...
  5. shortcut to change to specific keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    shortcut to change to specific keyboard language?: So far I've been using alt + tab to cycle between my two keyboard languages i usually use. However, since windows keeps automatically adding new keyboards to my system, this shortcut is messed up for me. It is tiring to keep removing these keyboards, and I have not found a...
  6. Ask about a keyboard shortcut to mark specific areas

Ask about a keyboard shortcut to mark specific areas: Once I got to know a key combination on the PC at my school where you could mark a certain area of text and then only this text was marked - not entire lines, etc. I just don't know the key combination anymore ... does someone know this? For example, if you have a sequence of...
  7. Shortcut to mute specific app.

Shortcut to mute specific app.: While I'm in zoom meetings I frequently find myself wanting to mute the app audio so that I'm able to hear audio from another app. I right click on speakers icon, open mixer and mute ZOOM. But because I do it so frequently I would like to know if I can assign a shortcut or...
  8. Unable to assign keyboard shortcut to a specific Slovak QWERTY keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to assign keyboard shortcut to a specific Slovak QWERTY keyboard: In the Language Bar Options tab of Advanced Key Settings I have four actions: Between input languages -> Left Alt+Shift To English United States - US -> Left Alt+Shift+1 To Russian Russia - Russian -> Left Alt+Shift+3 To Slovak Slovakia - Slovak QWERTY -> Left Alt+Shift+2...
  9. Keyboard shortcuts for specific layouts keep resetting

Keyboard shortcuts for specific layouts keep resetting: Hi, I've asked this on a million websites yet never got a single reply, so I'll try here. Windows has this feature where you can set a hotkey to instantly switch to a keyboard layout of your liking. (link if you don't know what I'm talking about) However it tends to reset...
  10. Disable specific keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable specific keyboard shortcut: Hi I have a severe problem with the shortcut "Alt+Ctl+z" as when I press it, it zooms on screen which caused me the undo problem in photoshop. I can't get any step backward more than once. Any ideas of how can this problem can be fixed? Thanks...