Windows 10: App-specific volume question

Discus and support App-specific volume question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last year I discovered that the sound mixer allowed for different programs to have their own volume settings. I found this out while troubleshooting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smellincoffee, Nov 19, 2019.

1. App-specific volume question

Last year I discovered that the sound mixer allowed for different programs to have their own volume settings. I found this out while troubleshooting my music player, which for some reason had been turned down in the sound mixer. However....this keeps happening. From time to time, I find that Winamp's volume in the sound mixer has drifted from 70% or so down to 20 or 30. I use my keyboard's hotkeys to adjust my total system volume, but does anyone know why mixer settings would spontaneously change? Would periodic Windows updates be setting that to some default level? (This isn't Winamp specifically, BTW, as I've noticed some games will have the same issue.)

submitted by /u/smellincoffee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/smellincoffee, Nov 19, 2019

2. Volume for one specific application is too low (Win 10)

Hi Jon,

As the game is downloaded from Windows Store, I suggest you to run the Windows Store, I suggest you run the Windows Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Nov 19, 2019
  4. App-specific volume question

Volume not working with headphone

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Is the issue specific when you plug in headset?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Did you check the volume icon on the action center?
    I suggest you to plug in the device and run playing audio and hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Playing audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Follow the same steps above and choose hardware and devices
    and run the hardware and device troubleshooter.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

App-specific volume question

1. App-specific volume question - Similar Threads - App specific volume

2. Library volume Licensing Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Library volume Licensing Question: Hello, I have a customer that is a public library that wants to license 50 computers of windows 10, and add more next year. I thought they might be able to do an EA agreement, but appears they have to have a minimum of 250 devices or users. What is the best way to do...
  3. Sharing Files with Specific People Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Files with Specific People Question: The new file sharing options in Windows 10 requires I share with Specific People. When I try to add a specific person who is on a different computer, it takes me to a window for adding an account to my computer. I don't want that person to have an account on my computer, I...
  4. Increase volume of specific app higher than main volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase volume of specific app higher than main volume?: I'm playing game called Runescape 3. the volume in-game is very very quiet even they are all at 100% volume. It's really annoying and i don't want to decrease all other volumes than Runescape Normally by design, you can't increase volume higher than main, it would increase...
  5. Volume Question for Music Players

Volume Question for Music Players: Alright this only has been happening to me since i bought Windows 10. Version - 1909 (OS Build - 18363.720) And i have tried several options, but no matter what happens it never fixes my problem. And my problem is, Whenever i run another program, pc games, etc. The Audio...
  6. Question about autodownloading specific file types to specific folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about autodownloading specific file types to specific folders: I download videos from online and images and also free ebooks from places other then just amazon. So here is what I want to know. If all the videos I download are .MP4 can I have them automatically download into a specific folder inside downloads. And do the same for other...
  7. Simple Question on Sound Volume

Simple Question on Sound Volume: Hi I am not sure why but the default setting of sound volume on my Acer laptop is zero or very quiet. I adjusted it to a high volume but later on it automatically went back to the default (no sound). How do I fix it at the volume level I want, please?...
  8. Sound: App Volume and Device Preferences Question

Sound: App Volume and Device Preferences Question: Hey folks - My "search-fu" is a bit weak on this one and I haven't been able to find out whether someone else has seen and/or fixed this problem. First thing: I have multiple sound playback devices via a single USB connection into a mixer. It's 16 stereo playback devices and...
  9. Sound: App Volume and Device Preferences Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound: App Volume and Device Preferences Question: Hey folks - My "search-fu" is a bit weak on this one and I haven't been able to find out whether someone else has seen and/or fixed this problem. First thing: I have multiple sound playback devices via a single USB connection into a mixer. It's 16 stereo playback devices and...
  10. Newbie with specific audio transfer question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newbie with specific audio transfer question: Hello, I am new to computing and have just bought a cheapish HP laptop which I use mainly for writing. However I would also like to use the music software. Put simply, when I load a CD into the drive, how do I transfer(upload?) this to the Groove music application?...