Windows 10: App start failure assistance needed.

Discus and support App start failure assistance needed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having problems getting After Effects to launch. It keeps giving me the 'Application failed to start correctly 0xc0000142 I've probably put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Reuben Kynaston, Apr 2, 2023.

1. App start failure assistance needed.

I've been having problems getting After Effects to launch. It keeps giving me the 'Application failed to start correctly 0xc0000142 I've probably put in a combined total of 10 hours between Adobe and Microsoft tech support to include personally exhausting web resources, multiple version attempts, complete windows re-installation, and all the different type of scanning/repairing the OS has to offer. If there's someone who might be able to zero in on what the problem is coming from, that would be fantanstic! and thank you.-----------------Event Viewer-----------------Faulting applicatio

:)

Reuben Kynaston, Apr 2, 2023
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 2, 2023
  3. start menu, search assistant and notification tray not working

Hi,

As you’re not able to open start menu, search assistant and notification tray, we would assist you surely.

Before I proceed further I would like to know the below information.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Is that the issue persist with the particular application mention in the issue? Or with all the apps installed on Windows.

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on the system?

• I suggest you to try the below steps to fix the error “explorer.exe- class not registered “which would fix
      the issue, followed by the steps mentioned in the issue.

Method 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under
      Process tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the
      Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on
      Ok.

Method 2: I suggest you to try the Troubleshoot steps provided in the link to
    run the latest updates, and creating a new user account. Which would fix the Start menu or Cortana issue.

Fix problems with the Start menu - Microsoft Support

Method 3: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Hope this suggestion will help you in fixing the error, please revert back with the update regarding the issue. We would assist you happily.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 2, 2023
  4. App start failure assistance needed.

Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that it is as per the Windows 10 Operating system
    design.

If you wish to access the Start screen similar to Windows 8.1, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Start from the left navigation pane.

• Turn on the Use start full screen.
    After performing above steps, if you click on the Windows button at the top left corner on the desktop screen, you may access the Start screen similar to Windows 8/8.1 Operating system.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

App start failure assistance needed.

1. App start failure assistance needed. - Similar Threads - App start failure

2. Need assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need assistance: I restarted my PC because it said it needed to update. Upon my pc rebooting it brought up the Home Screen with the clock where I can swipe up and click sign in. After clicking sign it it immediately redirects me back to the previous Home Screen with the clock and the sign in...
  3. Need assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need assistance: I restarted my PC because it said it needed to update. Upon my pc rebooting it brought up the Home Screen with the clock where I can swipe up and click sign in. After clicking sign it it immediately redirects me back to the previous Home Screen with the clock and the sign in...
  4. App start failure assistance needed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App start failure assistance needed.: I've been having problems getting After Effects to launch. It keeps giving me the 'Application failed to start correctly 0xc0000142 I've probably put in a combined total of 10 hours between Adobe and Microsoft tech support to include personally exhausting web resources,...
  5. App start failure assistance needed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App start failure assistance needed.: I've been having problems getting After Effects to launch. It keeps giving me the 'Application failed to start correctly 0xc0000142 I've probably put in a combined total of 10 hours between Adobe and Microsoft tech support to include personally exhausting web resources,...
  6. App start failure assistance needed.

7. Need assistance with App and browser control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need assistance with App and browser control: my computer says I have some issues with app & browser control and device security and when i click on them is gives me a code. Dont know how to fix that...
  8. Need assistance with App and browser control

Need assistance with App and browser control: my computer says I have some issues with app & browser control and device security and when i click on them is gives me a code. Dont know how to fix that...
  9. need assistance... unable to open microsoft apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    need assistance... unable to open microsoft apps: Since my latest update, i've been unable to open multiple apps inc microsoft store, feedback hub, email and others...have uninstalled & reinstalled store but still no luck. all apps & security have been updated. please help.....
  10. Need immediate assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need immediate assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!: I recently got a blue screen error saying " Your PC ran into a problem and all that". Yesterday Windows Defender blocked "svchost.exe" after I deleted Edge Legacy with the help of an unknown source guidelines, which was followed by an update on restart. I scanned all files...