Windows 10: App starts automatically even though configured not to in Startup Apps in Settings

Discus and support App starts automatically even though configured not to in Startup Apps in Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10 v2004, how do I keep apps in Startup Apps under Settings from re-enabling when I reboot? I disable Origin in Startup Apps but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rick_766, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Rick_766 Win User

App starts automatically even though configured not to in Startup Apps in Settings

In Windows 10 v2004, how do I keep apps in Startup Apps under Settings from re-enabling when I reboot?

I disable Origin in Startup Apps but when I restart or shut down and restart it automatically re-enables.

:)

Rick_766, Sep 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 Version 1803 Startup Apps configuration settings

With the 1803 feature update, 'Startup Apps' configuration controls

are now available at Settings/Apps/Startup.

One of the apps listed is a desktop app (not an Appx package)

that is configured for all users. The startup link for the app is

stored in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

If the app is configured to NOT start on log in (Off), the Settings window is

closed and Settings/Apps/Startup is reopened, the configuration for the

app is back to On.

I could not find this scenario listed as an issue with the 1803 update

and although it is minor it was a bit confusing.

ChrisGreen3, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 24, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

App starts automatically even though configured not to in Startup Apps in Settings

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile App starts automatically even though configured not to in Startup Apps in Settings :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. App starts automatically even though configured not to in Startup Apps in Settings - Similar Threads - App starts automatically

2. How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?: Hi,I have VMware Professional 17 but i still have the player 17, even though i cant see it through control panel nor settings. Its still on my computer, I uninstalled it, but it still on my system. Its not even at file explorer as it is replaced with the pro version.I tried...
  3. Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on: I noticed that Smart App Control stopped working when not preventing strange applications from working, I remember yesterday I installed an update for Windows KB5031455...
  4. Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on

Smart App Control was automatically turned off even though it was on: I noticed that Smart App Control stopped working when not preventing strange applications from working, I remember yesterday I installed an update for Windows KB5031455...
  5. Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.: Facebook has to be the most predatory company out there. Their app keeps running in the background even though I have specifically disabled this option, it runs on startup even though that has been disabled and it's not in either shell:startup nor shell:common startup.The app...
  6. Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.

Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.: Facebook has to be the most predatory company out there. Their app keeps running in the background even though I have specifically disabled this option, it runs on startup even though that has been disabled and it's not in either shell:startup nor shell:common startup.The app...
  7. Startup Apps not displaying in Settings > Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup Apps not displaying in Settings > Apps: I started my pc, and found out that my EarTrumpet app was turned off @ startup, so I went to Settings > Apps > Startup Apps. But surprisingly, Startup Apps option was not there. I tried googling it, but I didn't get any results, so I'm posting this community post as I need...
  8. Edge does not Auto Start on bootup even though it is set to do so in Startup Apps settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge does not Auto Start on bootup even though it is set to do so in Startup Apps settings.: I have the Startup Apps setting for Edge set to ON, but it does not auto start when booting up. See two screen captures below. Even while not shown on screen it is not active in background, as when I do open it from the task bar none of the tabs have been pre-loaded as I...
  9. Settings/Apps/Startup

Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187
  10. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 News
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187