Windows 10: App Startup Delay

Discus and support App Startup Delay in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey All, I have had a strange issue ever since updating to 2004. Most apps that I open have around a ~10 sec delay before they open. I have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/someguy3322, Aug 10, 2020.

1. App Startup Delay

Hey All,

I have had a strange issue ever since updating to 2004. Most apps that I open have around a ~10 sec delay before they open. I have checked the task manager and event logs but I can't seem to find anything related to this issue. The app doesn't even appear in the task manager until the moment it opens. Same thing appears to happen when I click in the search bar in explorer windows. I have to wait around 10 seconds before I can type in the search box.

Weird thing I have noticed is that it only appears to happen with accounts that are apart of the local administrators group. If I change to a standard user and re-login, all apps start up instantly. Disabling UAC has no effect.

Has anyone else had this issue or know any fixes?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/someguy3322
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/someguy3322, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Aug 10, 2020
  4. App Startup Delay

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

App Startup Delay

1. App Startup Delay - Similar Threads - App Startup Delay

2. Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?: I'm running Windows 11 23H2 with all the updates installed. I have several 5 programs added to shell:startup so they can launch automatically at boot.I'd expect these apps to start launching maybe up to 5 seconds after seeing the desktop, but for some reason, most of the time...
  3. Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps artificially delayed on Windows 11?: I'm running Windows 11 23H2 with all the updates installed. I have several 5 programs added to shell:startup so they can launch automatically at boot.I'd expect these apps to start launching maybe up to 5 seconds after seeing the desktop, but for some reason, most of the time...
  4. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  5. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  6. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: My wifi used to connect almost instantly on startup. Recently it has started taking 1 min after startup before it will connect automatically. It can connect instantly manually by either unchecking and checking "connect automatically" or by hitting "connect". It just wont do...
  8. Delayed startup of second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Delayed startup of second monitor: This is a weird one I think. My PC is setup to run with two monitors - a BenQ PD2700U and Samsung Syncmaster 2693HM. Until recently both started up at the same time. For the last couple of weeks the Samsung one doesn't start up till about 2 hours after the BenQ. I have...
  9. Programs startup delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs startup delay: So I had this big problem that is bothering me for a while and started a while back where when I click on a program, it takes 5 to 10 minutes to start...why is it doing this because it is bothering me a lot and I need it to stop doing it because of how much it is bothering...
  10. Startup delay hide app

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup delay hide app: Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knew how to delay an app start on windows 10 but do it in such a way that when it starts it doesn't open the window instead it sits in the windows tray. For example if you have steam as an autostart with windows then the main window does not...