Windows 10: App Store and Other Apps are missing

Discus and support App Store and Other Apps are missing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; A month ago, I was trying to use another monitor for my laptop, yet I didn't have a new monitor with an HDMI port I think that's the name. So, I took... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Nikki_S., May 13, 2020.

1. Nikki_S. Win User

App Store and Other Apps are missing

A month ago, I was trying to use another monitor for my laptop, yet I didn't have a new monitor with an HDMI port I think that's the name. So, I took my old computer runs the windows 10 as well as my laptop and connected my computer to my laptop with an HDMI cord. I don't know if my laptop downloaded anything but ever since, I haven't been able to find some apps I would use frequently Skype, Connect, music apps, even the App store Then, it showed OneNote, Outlook, and most common apps to be newly installed. It also installed an app SYSM Monitor. The only app that didn't disappear that I used frequently was Chrome and Spotify,
    One thing that I've noticed,

I went to install Skype, I had to install it online rather on the app store. This version of Skype was totally different from the one I had. When I went to uninstall it, I found the original Skype along with the original apps yet I couldn't launch it.

I found a way to open Skype and the App Store through Administration: Command Prompt, but it didn't fix things 100%
    How do I get my laptop to work like it used to?

:)

Nikki_S., May 13, 2020

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, May 13, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, May 13, 2020
  4. App Store and Other Apps are missing

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, May 13, 2020
Thema:

App Store and Other Apps are missing

1. App Store and Other Apps are missing - Similar Threads - App Store Apps

2. The Microsoft Store app is missing, and so is every other app relating to windows.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Microsoft Store app is missing, and so is every other app relating to windows.: I did a reset of my computer, deleting all files and reinstalling windows 10. This has never posed a problem before, until yesterday. I restarted my computer and eventually discovered that all windows apps were missing, I did eventually find the microsoft store app after...
  3. The Microsoft Store app is missing, and so is every other app relating to windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Store app is missing, and so is every other app relating to windows.: I did a reset of my computer, deleting all files and reinstalling windows 10. This has never posed a problem before, until yesterday. I restarted my computer and eventually discovered that all windows apps were missing, I did eventually find the microsoft store app after...
  4. The Microsoft Store app is missing, and so is every other app relating to windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Store and other Windows Apps are missing

Windows Store and other Windows Apps are missing: I redownloaded windows 10 yesterday, and for some reason windows store and other apps are missing, ex: "Microsoft Photos, Video Maker, Calculator, Windows Store, exe"When ever I try to open windows store from other place it keeps saying,"You'll need a new app to open this...
  6. Microsoft Store and other windows apps are missing

Microsoft Store and other windows apps are missing: I had downloaded windows 10 yesterday, and today when I was trying to download some apps I couldn't find the Microsoft store nor other apps like photo and video editor.I tried redownloading windows 10 and the Microsoft store is still missing.I have windows 10 Pro....
  7. Microsoft Store and other Microsoft Apps Missing After Reset.

Microsoft Store and other Microsoft Apps Missing After Reset.: So I recently reset my pc because I was getting some blue screens of death. If you are curious and can help me the stop code is "Whea Uncorrectable Error". It occurs whenever I do anything that is high profile like gaming or rendering videos in an editor. They are still...
  8. Microsoft Store and other apps

Microsoft Store and other apps: I recently reset my laptop as I found it was running slow and decided to set it up as a brand new laptop again. however since I logged back in, my Microsoft store, mail app, photo app etc are not working. I have tried everything I have read online but known of it is working!...
  9. store and other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    store and other apps: hi... from yesterday i cant access microsoft store and other apps such as tips ... it shows no internet.. but i can use browsers without any problems.. why this happends? is it for my settings? or the connection???...
  10. windows store & other apps missing and/or not working (properly)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows store & other apps missing and/or not working (properly): I'll try to keep it short... after initial problems with both task bar and start menu I've followed the steps from this forum to get it working properly again. Thanx for that, it worked great! 1 day later the store and edge apps were missing from the task bar, I can now...