Windows 10: App store and Photo app annoying

Discus and support App store and Photo app annoying in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically I have a problem... Every time I leave my computer for more than 5 minutes the App Store and Photo app opens. It is bugging me as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by incus, Aug 17, 2015.

1. incus Win User

App store and Photo app annoying

Basically I have a problem... Every time I leave my computer for more than 5 minutes the App Store and Photo app opens. It is bugging me as it minimizes games I am in. I then just right click and exit.

Any ideas on how to prevent this?

:)

incus, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Purd Win User

Microsoft Photos update loop often in windows 10

Original title: Microsoft Photos update ;loop in Microsoft Store App

Just a moment ago, Store app offer ed me three downloads. One for Get started, and the last on is Microst Photos. I cannot remember another one.

The update process completed fine for all three apps, But once I quit Store app, then restart the app, then check for uodate, Microsoft Phtotos is the only app that reappear in the Update available, again and again. The update of Microsoft Phtotos loop again
    and again

This is very annoying. Fix please and if any friend and expert here can offer me a fix, that will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sanchai

Bangkok, Thailand

3. treveden Win User
    Windows Photos App doesnt show in Explorer

The annoying thing about this is I have fixed it previously but cant remember how I did it.

Anyway here goes again, when I open Explorer there is a list of all my all my folders on the left hand side. At the bottom of the list was Photos.

Now its disappeared. The problem is when I'm posting a picture and use Browse I can not see the Photos app. Pictures is there , but it seems not all photos store in the Pictures folder, most are stored in the Photos app, hence I am unable to find the photo
    I need .

Screenshot:

treveden, Aug 17, 2015
  4. App store and Photo app annoying

Hi,

Try going into Setting, Privacy then Background apps

turn off the option to allow these to run in the background

paulsalter, Aug 18, 2015
  5. incus Win User
    The are all off mate. Still start up when my computer gets close to screensaver mode.

incus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

App store and Photo app annoying

1. App store and Photo app annoying - Similar Threads - App store Photo

2. Where are photo app images stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are photo app images stored?: Seems like, for me, it is difficult to find where the photo app stores images. I know there is a Pictures folder, but I often can't seem to find photos in that folder or its sub-folders. File info for photos is blank. I look at OneDrive and locally on my Surface but shouldn't...
  3. Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone: One day I tried opening some photos of mine and the app I'd open them with was Microsoft Photos. It didn't open and instead came back with a timeout error: I tried going to the app's advanced settings, but that wouldn't load unless I was in safe mode, and I couldn't uninstall...
  4. Notepad, Photos, App store, ETC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad, Photos, App store, ETC.: Hello! I was just wondering that how exactly do I get my pe-installed apps on the PC? Apps like notepad, photos, the app store, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-photos-app-store-etc/d817e364-4501-403f-8c95-60fab18fd6d0
  5. Notepad, Photos, App store, ETC.

Notepad, Photos, App store, ETC.: Hello! I was just wondering that how exactly do I get my pe-installed apps on the PC? Apps like notepad, photos, the app store, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-photos-app-store-etc/d817e364-4501-403f-8c95-60fab18fd6d0
  6. Annoying Cortana app

Annoying Cortana app: I cannot remove, stop, uninstall, deactivate Cortana incessantly popping up. even my shredit software cant remove it. It is like a virus. why does it keep popping up and how can i stop it?...
  7. All Store Apps like Mail, Calendar, Photos and App store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All Store Apps like Mail, Calendar, Photos and App store: Hi, I am experiencing an issue on every app that i try to open which came with windows "There’s a problem with OneNoteAll Apps. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator". I can only run Third Party applications like chrome for...
  8. Windows Store and Photos app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store and Photos app: To whom it concerns, My windows apps such as photos, store, calculator stopped working. How can I fix this? I checked various posts online but most of it is from 2016. Regards, Bernard Heng....
  9. Store PHOTOS app repetitive errors

Store PHOTOS app repetitive errors: Activation of the app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.BackgroundTasks contract failed with error: The operation was canceled by the user. or Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The operation was canceled...
  10. Background Apps Annoying

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Background Apps Annoying: howdy since the latest insider preview evaluation copy build 14251.rs1 release 160124-1059 store and pc settings are in background, i use stardock objectdock and god knows how many times a day i get a blue question mark, on clicking it i get store then pc settings, never had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exit photo uodate