Windows 10: App store and Photo app annoying

Discus and support App store and Photo app annoying in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically I have a problem... Every time I leave my computer for more than 5 minutes the App Store and Photo app opens. It is bugging me as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by incus, Aug 17, 2015.

1. incus Win User

App store and Photo app annoying

Basically I have a problem... Every time I leave my computer for more than 5 minutes the App Store and Photo app opens. It is bugging me as it minimizes games I am in. I then just right click and exit.

Any ideas on how to prevent this?

:)

incus, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Purd Win User

Microsoft Photos update loop often in windows 10

Original title: Microsoft Photos update ;loop in Microsoft Store App

Just a moment ago, Store app offer ed me three downloads. One for Get started, and the last on is Microst Photos. I cannot remember another one.

The update process completed fine for all three apps, But once I quit Store app, then restart the app, then check for uodate, Microsoft Phtotos is the only app that reappear in the Update available, again and again. The update of Microsoft Phtotos loop again
    and again

This is very annoying. Fix please and if any friend and expert here can offer me a fix, that will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sanchai

Bangkok, Thailand

3. treveden Win User
    Windows Photos App doesnt show in Explorer

The annoying thing about this is I have fixed it previously but cant remember how I did it.

Anyway here goes again, when I open Explorer there is a list of all my all my folders on the left hand side. At the bottom of the list was Photos.

Now its disappeared. The problem is when I'm posting a picture and use Browse I can not see the Photos app. Pictures is there , but it seems not all photos store in the Pictures folder, most are stored in the Photos app, hence I am unable to find the photo
    I need .

Screenshot:

treveden, Aug 17, 2015
  4. App store and Photo app annoying

Hi,

Try going into Setting, Privacy then Background apps

turn off the option to allow these to run in the background

paulsalter, Aug 18, 2015
  5. incus Win User
    The are all off mate. Still start up when my computer gets close to screensaver mode.

incus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

App store and Photo app annoying

1. App store and Photo app annoying - Similar Threads - App store Photo

2. cannot open windows photo app or store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open windows photo app or store: this issue with the store and the Photos window app is totally frustrating.....none of the options/assistance helps in any way. As it came with windows 10 there appears to be no way you can resolve this issue......
  3. photo app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    photo app: my Microsoft photos app. is not listed needs pinned again to start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/photo-app/8ee05a08-4512-4030-ba15-3af46151367a
  4. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App: The initial issue I was having was that my photos app was not working and most windows app icons didn't show at all. They were just blank blue color and the photos app would not even launch. The fact that the app wouldn't even work at all told me something was up, so after...
  5. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App: The initial issue I was having was that my photos app was not working and most windows app icons didn't show at all. They were just blank blue color and the photos app would not even launch. The fact that the app wouldn't even work at all told me something was up, so after...
  6. Photos app from store wont download

Photos app from store wont download: The title is the basic question. I some how entirely lost the 'Photos' app on my PC It's nowhere to be found so I decided to download it from the app store. when I hit the 'get' button nothing happens. What's going on? 116552
  7. Photos app from store wont download

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos app from store wont download: The title is the basic question. I some how entirely lost the 'Photos' app on my PC It's nowhere to be found so I decided to download it from the app store. when I hit the 'get' button nothing happens. What's going on? 116552
  8. Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10: Hi there - I'm using a Surface 2 Pro running Windows 10 and noticed yesterday that a number of apps are simply not working when I log in using my profile (I am the user administrator on the machine, there are three other normal user accounts - family members) The apps that...
  9. Store PHOTOS app repetitive errors

Store PHOTOS app repetitive errors: Activation of the app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.BackgroundTasks contract failed with error: The operation was canceled by the user. or Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The operation was canceled...
  10. Background Apps Annoying

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Background Apps Annoying: howdy since the latest insider preview evaluation copy build 14251.rs1 release 160124-1059 store and pc settings are in background, i use stardock objectdock and god knows how many times a day i get a blue question mark, on clicking it i get store then pc settings, never had...