Windows 10: App store not downloading the right version of Netflix

Discus and support App store not downloading the right version of Netflix in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Well, I've recently made a clean install of W10 on my pc, and when I download the Netflix app, it downloads the W8 version (which I don't like), not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by themostpwned, Jul 11, 2016.

1. App store not downloading the right version of Netflix

Well, I've recently made a clean install of W10 on my pc, and when I download the Netflix app, it downloads the W8 version (which I don't like), not the W10 one. I check for app updates, but there's nothing for Netflix. What can I do about it? Thanks in advance.

:)

themostpwned, Jul 11, 2016

2. Netflix incompatible with windows 10 upgrade (same story with cinema now, amazon prime and universal).

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to play a movie file on Netflix. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Are you facing this issue with the Netflix app or the Netflix through any web browser?
    If you are facing this issue on Netflix app then, try updating the Netflix app through windows store and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Select Store from the Start screen or the Taskbar.

• Select the “User Icon” to the left of the search box.

• Select “Downloads or Updates”.

• Select “Check for Updates”.

• Select the “down arrow” on the right to download the Netflix update.
    The Netflix app will now be downloaded and updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 11, 2016
  3. I can't download Netflix app on my win 10, 64 bits

Hello again,

After I updated my version of Windows Home 10 x64 to a latest one, I could make work Netflix.

I downloaded Netflix after install the latest update of windows and right now the problem changed.

Now when I execute a Netflix installed on my laptop, instead of opening directly the Netflix program, I’m redirected to Microsoft store app, and I need to launch the Netflix to get the program executing.

May you help me to fix this problem?

Thanks for your helping

Ulises Rigo

Ulises MarceloRigo, Jul 11, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

App store not downloading the right version of Netflix

I checked the store and only saw one version. It was for Windows 8 and up. Could the version you had have been a Beta version?

Winuser, Jul 11, 2016
  5. blogwart Win User
    Same is happening to me and according to this thread at reddit, it's happening to others too: Netflix UWP app doesn't install on my new computer!! : Windows10

Seems to be a Netflix issue. I noticed earlier, with the UWP version, that the live tile didn't update any more, so I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and had the Win8 version all of a sudden.

blogwart, Jul 12, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Have you checked with Netflix to see if they pulled the UWP version?

Winuser, Jul 12, 2016
  7. blogwart Win User
Thema:

App store not downloading the right version of Netflix

1. App store not downloading the right version of Netflix - Similar Threads - App store downloading

2. No option to download Netflix app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to download Netflix app: Hi! So, title says it all. I use Windows 11 ARM via Parallels VM on a Apple M1 Macbook. I updated Windows to 22H2, tried wreset.exe, manual resetting and defaulting Microsoft store. I signed in my account, tried to change the country I am not from Russia though, so Netflix...
  3. No option to download Netflix app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to download Netflix app: Hi! So, title says it all. I use Windows 11 ARM via Parallels VM on a Apple M1 Macbook. I updated Windows to 22H2, tried wreset.exe, manual resetting and defaulting Microsoft store. I signed in my account, tried to change the country I am not from Russia though, so Netflix...
  4. NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps

NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps: My Netflix turns into black and white when I play some titles on full screen, it works fine on maximize or any other mode, but turns into Black and White when I switch into full screen. Not only occur in the movies, but all on the app itself, so far I found it on two...
  5. Can't download netflix from the windows store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download netflix from the windows store: I was having trouble with the app so i decided to remove it and install again but now when i click 'Get' on its store page nothing happens. Nothing at all. Im able to download any other app still submitted by /u/death_mango [link] [comments]...
  6. Why can't I download the Netflix App from the MS Store

Why can't I download the Netflix App from the MS Store: Hey, I've been trying to download the Netflix app from the Microsoft store for a few hours now with no luck. I am able to download other apps such as Hulu and Games. I click get on Netflix and it doesn't do anything. I don't have it currently installed so I can't uninstall....
  7. Netflix app from the store

Netflix app from the store: About 3 weeks ago my Netflix app that comes with Windows 10 started having very slight streaming hesitations. I use my tv monitor hooked up to the desktop computer. I tried going directly to Netflix.com to watch and it was worse. Today while watching a series the English...
  8. Netflix app will not download from store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix app will not download from store: I have recently bought a new laptop and am trying to get the Netflix app from the windows store. It says that the app is already owned when I go to the store page. However, when I click the blue 'install' button, a black border appears around the button but nothing appears...
  9. Downloading previous version of Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading previous version of Microsoft Store apps: I wanted to download a version of a Microsoft Store app that was prior to its most recent update. To be specific, I'm looking at Instagram, because I really hate the PWA that it's become....
  10. Netflix app download location

Netflix app download location: How can I change the download location for the Netflix app to an external storage device? I'm trying to download movies to my external drive and there's no setting within the app to do so, it defaults to C:. I also tried to move the app entirely to the external but there is...