Windows 10: App store not opening

Discus and support App store not opening in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; after clicking the icon of app store the app opens and just after a moment it closes without showing any error dialog.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Suraj Suryawanshi, Mar 5, 2020.

1. App store not opening

after clicking the icon of app store the app opens and just after a moment it closes without showing any error dialog.

:)

Suraj Suryawanshi, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App store not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 5, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

App store not opening

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

App store not opening

1. App store not opening - Similar Threads - App store opening

2. Microsoft Store and Apps not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Store and Apps not opening: Hello, I'm running 22h2 and the Store and Apps will not open. I've tried the wsreset and get a purge error. There is no cache to clear in the store directory local state folder, DISM didn't work, SFC /scannow didn't work, the time and date are correct, and an inplace upgrade...
  3. microsoft app store not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft app store not opening: Whenever I click the button/link, it does not open. It does this with several apps, like the calculator app. I uninstalled the calculator app but now I can't reinstall it When I go to reinstall from the browser version of the Microsoft app store, it doesn't open anything....
  4. cannot open app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  5. Microsoft Store app not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Store app not opening: I cant open the Microsft store application, when I try to open it there is an error something went wrong at it closes the app however when i check the app manager it is still running in the backround .how to fix this error? how to re-open the store application...
  6. Windows Apps and Store not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Apps and Store not opening: We've had this desktop for only a few months. I personally don't use it since I have my laptop but I just checked something on it and found out that the standard windows apps and store aren't working. Can anyone find a solution for this? submitted by /u/Number-no-1 [link]...
  7. Opening App Only Opens App Store Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening App Only Opens App Store Page: I tried to download a game from the app store after buying the game pass, but the game paused downloading right as it was about to finish. I left it alone for about ten minutes and nothing happened, so I hit the button to pause and resume the download, at which point it told...
  8. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...
  9. cant open store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cant open store apps: i cant open my microsoft store or any other apps that is installed through store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-store-apps/bf73a146-c950-4816-bb2f-b6be0dba1e17"
  10. app store not opening

app store not opening: I have recently installed and have two profiles on laptop. One for my daughter and one for me, both login using Microsoft account. My daughter can open app store, but when I switch to my profile it wont open at all. Any ideas? 20638