Windows 10: App stuck on 'Starting Download'

Discus and support App stuck on 'Starting Download' in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello! For the past few days I have attempted to download an app for my schoolwork. However, as I have stated in the title, it doesn't seem to pass... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by capnmar, Oct 15, 2020.

1. capnmar Win User

App stuck on 'Starting Download'

Hello! For the past few days I have attempted to download an app for my schoolwork. However, as I have stated in the title, it doesn't seem to pass 'starting download.' There is no error message whatsoever. I have tried everything recommended to me to my best ability. I have tried troubleshooting through settings, I have reset the store cache, I have erased temporary files where I could and I have reinstalled the store. I have attempted to download another app just to see what happens and it did the same thing, so it isn't app-specific. This app is really vital to my learning and I would appreciate any input as to how I cann fix this. Thank you in advance!

:)

capnmar, Oct 15, 2020

2. Unable to install apps Stuck at Starting Download

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issues.
    Follow these steps to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2

You may try to reset the Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run window.
    • Type wsreset.exe.
    • Press OK.
    Method 3

Check if the Date, time and Time zone is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Right Click on System Tray.
    • Click Adjust date and time button.
    • Click Change to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Also refer:

Attempts to download apps from the Store are stuck at “Pending”

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 15, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Windows Store App stuck downloading but when refreshed changes amount downloaded.

Hi,

One possible reason why your download is stuck may be due to a corrupted file. We suggest that you try the following steps below:

Method 1: Sign out/sign in

• Open the Windows Store app.
    • Click on the account logo in the upper-right corner of the app, then click on your account name.
    • Click on you account name in the new box, then click Sign out.
    • Click on the icon in the upper-right corner again, then click Sign in and choose your account name again.

Method 2: Reset Windows Store cache

• Click Start, then type wsreset and select wsreset.
    • When the Store app opens, see if your downloads are working.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 15, 2020
  4. xraiderv1 Win User

start menu stuck displaying all apps

so...as the title suggests, my stepfather's start menu is stuck on all apps....how do I unfrak this?

App stuck on 'Starting Download' [​IMG]

xraiderv1, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. App stuck on 'Starting Download' - Similar Threads - App stuck 'Starting

2. App Stuck at "Starting Download"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App Stuck at "Starting Download": After attempting to "Get" an app from the Microsoft Store, it has been stuck at "Starting Download" for several days. I am not sure where to go to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-stuck-at-starting-download/17a14ea3-5198-4faf-8187-64728bd59b1c
  3. App Stuck at "Starting Download"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Stuck at "Starting Download": After attempting to "Get" an app from the Microsoft Store, it has been stuck at "Starting Download" for several days. I am not sure where to go to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-stuck-at-starting-download/17a14ea3-5198-4faf-8187-64728bd59b1c
  4. App Stuck at "Starting Download"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. stuck at start downloading

stuck at start downloading: i just bought asphalt 9 and i download it but it always stuck in start downloading if i wait for long its error and if i see detail it say ,something unexpected happened reporting this problem will help us understand it better. you can wait a bit and try again or restart...
  6. Stuck In "Starting Download"

Stuck In "Starting Download": So, I'm trying to download the Nvidia Control Panel from the Microsoft Store but it's been stuck at the "starting download" phase for hours. I think this is already ridiculous considering how it's an app that's less than 40 mb in size. Judging by the reviews on the Microsoft...
  7. HP Smart App download stuck on 'Starting Download'

HP Smart App download stuck on 'Starting Download': I am trying to download the HP Smart app from the windows store, however it doesn't get past 'Starting Download' when installing. I tried a few random apps on the store and they all downloaded fine so I don't know why it is just HP Smart which fails to download. I have...
  8. Microsoft Store app stuck at "starting download.."

Microsoft Store app stuck at "starting download..": My Sea of Thieves app is stuck at "starting Download", and it is not changing depending on what I do. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-stuck-at-starting-download/329ed037-7515-46a3-bdb6-e853ef5fcaf9"
  9. SSDPSRV "SSDP Discovery" Stuck on Starting - Apps & Downloads Break

in Windows 10 Support
    SSDPSRV "SSDP Discovery" Stuck on Starting - Apps & Downloads Break: Hello everyone, I've had this issue for over a year now and have tried asking other places with no luck. The issue is my Windows will randomly get stuck on starting the SSDPSRV "SSDP Discovery" service. I noticed this because on random cold starts my PC would sometimes not...
  10. App download stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App download stuck: I am trying to download this app. It's stuck at 60% stage. I tried resetting windows 10 app store. Still cannot download this app. I can download other apps and install except this. [ATTACH]...