Windows 10: App Suggestions

Discus and support App Suggestions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Below is a screenshot of the current apps I have installed. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some that can help make my computer better or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peppercrunch, Nov 21, 2020.

1. App Suggestions

Hi

Below is a screenshot of the current apps I have installed. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some that can help make my computer better or more convenient. Maybe I'm missing a critical one?

App Suggestions [​IMG]

:)

Peppercrunch, Nov 21, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

App Suggestions [​IMG]

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

App Suggestions [​IMG]

App Suggestions [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

@mngerhold, there is more involved. You have the

OpenWithList

App Suggestions [​IMG]

OpenWithProgIDs

App Suggestions [​IMG]

and UserChoice

App Suggestions [​IMG]

which contains a HASH value and a ProgID which feeds back into the OpenWithProgIDs stem of the tree.
    I don't know how the HASH value is generateed or what it is generated from but I think it's important.

Ztruker, Nov 21, 2020
  4. App Suggestions

New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

App Suggestions

1. App Suggestions - Similar Threads - App Suggestions

2. Pic Collage App: How to download the App? Any suggestions please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pic Collage App: How to download the App? Any suggestions please.: I am struggling with downloading the Pic Collage App. Some guidance will be much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pic-collage-app-how-to-download-the-app-any/84b1f72f-1d9a-4b6a-b268-4a2983642f3f
  3. Only suggest people in my contact list, outlook windows 10 app

in Browsers and Email
    Only suggest people in my contact list, outlook windows 10 app: Since that option missing from outlook, what should we do for that? I'm facing a very annoying situation, when Ι try to add a recipient in my MAIL app, a past contact appears which i dont want to be there. I'm pretty sure that its not stored in my people app, generally it's...
  4. GMail Desktop App - Suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GMail Desktop App - Suggestions?: Hi, everyone, I would love your help ☺️ I am getting a new laptop and need to access Gmail for work since I work as a marketing assistant for a leading eCommerce business; unfortunately, I use Vivaldi as my go-to browser since Chrome is a resource hog. I'd like to know if...
  5. Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?: [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I'm editing a lot of hard copy documents that were scanned to .PDF, and using Word to do the editing. In 'My Documents' when I right-click the document, the Open with menu does not show Word in the initial list of suggested apps. I have to click...
  6. Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?: [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I'm editing a lot of hard copy documents that were scanned to .PDF, and using Word to do the editing. In 'My Documents' when I right-click the document, the Open with menu does not show Word in the initial list of suggested apps. I have to click...
  7. [Feedback Suggestion] Schedule Windows Store downloads for Games and Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    [Feedback Suggestion] Schedule Windows Store downloads for Games and Apps: We need to be able to schedule downloads of Games and apps on Windows store. to set a time period for the downloads so that the downloads will start at X and pause at Y, every day, automatically. Upvote this feedback on the Feedback Hub app if you want the same:...
  8. Looking for Calendar App Suggestions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for Calendar App Suggestions: The default calendar app in Windows 10 does not play well with Google Calendars. I have several accounts in my G Suite account and the default app does not let me assign an event to a specific calendar. I'm looking for alternative apps. Any suggestions? At the moment I...
  9. Cortana suggests the wrong app

in Cortana
    Cortana suggests the wrong app: Hi, I only have the Windows 10 mail app installed to manage my emails. Every time I say "open my email" Cortana suggests "Mail" and "Settings". How can I remove the "Settings" option? I've just done a clean install. Thanks....
  10. Suggestions for Your Phone app

Suggestions for Your Phone app: I am not sure where to post this but could the developers of the 'Your Phone' app consider the following:- * The ability to search all messages for a 'string'. * The ability to delete messages from a conversation thread or the entire message thread....