Windows 10: App Suggestions

Discus and support App Suggestions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Below is a screenshot of the current apps I have installed. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some that can help make my computer better or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peppercrunch, Nov 21, 2020.

1. App Suggestions

Hi

Below is a screenshot of the current apps I have installed. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some that can help make my computer better or more convenient. Maybe I'm missing a critical one?

App Suggestions [​IMG]

:)

Peppercrunch, Nov 21, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

App Suggestions [​IMG]

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

App Suggestions [​IMG]

App Suggestions [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

@mngerhold, there is more involved. You have the

OpenWithList

App Suggestions [​IMG]

OpenWithProgIDs

App Suggestions [​IMG]

and UserChoice

App Suggestions [​IMG]

which contains a HASH value and a ProgID which feeds back into the OpenWithProgIDs stem of the tree.
    I don't know how the HASH value is generateed or what it is generated from but I think it's important.

Ztruker, Nov 21, 2020
  4. App Suggestions

New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

App Suggestions

1. App Suggestions - Similar Threads - App Suggestions

2. How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...
  3. How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...
  4. How do I move app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps" Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps" Windows 11?: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...
  5. How do I move app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps" Windows 11?

How do I move app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps" Windows 11?: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...
  6. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?: I've been trying to remove it in windows versions 1809 and 22h2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-suggested-and-top-apps-from-the/2e44dbd2-a3e1-409a-8bc4-33334aca2a36
  7. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?: I've been trying to remove it in windows versions 1809 and 22h2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-suggested-and-top-apps-from-the/2e44dbd2-a3e1-409a-8bc4-33334aca2a36
  8. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How can I remove the suggested accounts in the login interface of onedrive/outlook app?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove the suggested accounts in the login interface of onedrive/outlook app?: As I mentioned in the title, I want to remove the accounts that automatically show up when I login onedrive or outlook, but I don't know what to do.Screenshots may help to better describe my question, however, I failed to upload the screenshots directly, so I uploaded them to...
  10. How can I remove the suggested accounts in the login interface of onedrive/outlook app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the suggested accounts in the login interface of onedrive/outlook app?: As I mentioned in the title, I want to remove the accounts that automatically show up when I login onedrive or outlook, but I don't know what to do.Screenshots may help to better describe my question, however, I failed to upload the screenshots directly, so I uploaded them to...