Windows 10: App Suggestions

Discus and support App Suggestions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Below is a screenshot of the current apps I have installed. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some that can help make my computer better or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peppercrunch, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:57 PM.

1. App Suggestions

Hi

Below is a screenshot of the current apps I have installed. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some that can help make my computer better or more convenient. Maybe I'm missing a critical one?

App Suggestions [​IMG]

:)

2. dalchina Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

App Suggestions [​IMG]

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

App Suggestions [​IMG]

App Suggestions [​IMG]

3. Ztruker Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

@mngerhold, there is more involved. You have the

OpenWithList

App Suggestions [​IMG]

OpenWithProgIDs

App Suggestions [​IMG]

and UserChoice

App Suggestions [​IMG]

which contains a HASH value and a ProgID which feeds back into the OpenWithProgIDs stem of the tree.
    I don't know how the HASH value is generateed or what it is generated from but I think it's important.

4. App Suggestions

New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

Thema:

App Suggestions

1. App Suggestions - Similar Threads - App Suggestions

2. Pic Collage App: How to download the App? Any suggestions please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pic Collage App: How to download the App? Any suggestions please.: I am struggling with downloading the Pic Collage App. Some guidance will be much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pic-collage-app-how-to-download-the-app-any/84b1f72f-1d9a-4b6a-b268-4a2983642f3f
  3. Only suggest people in my contact list, outlook windows 10 app

in Browsers and Email
    Only suggest people in my contact list, outlook windows 10 app: Since that option missing from outlook, what should we do for that? I'm facing a very annoying situation, when Ι try to add a recipient in my MAIL app, a past contact appears which i dont want to be there. I'm pretty sure that its not stored in my people app, generally it's...
  4. GMail Desktop App - Suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GMail Desktop App - Suggestions?: Hi, everyone, I would love your help ☺️ I am getting a new laptop and need to access Gmail for work since I work as a marketing assistant for a leading eCommerce business; unfortunately, I use Vivaldi as my go-to browser since Chrome is a resource hog. I'd like to know if...
  5. Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?: [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I'm editing a lot of hard copy documents that were scanned to .PDF, and using Word to do the editing. In 'My Documents' when I right-click the document, the Open with menu does not show Word in the initial list of suggested apps. I have to click...
  6. Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?: [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I'm editing a lot of hard copy documents that were scanned to .PDF, and using Word to do the editing. In 'My Documents' when I right-click the document, the Open with menu does not show Word in the initial list of suggested apps. I have to click...
  7. [Feedback Suggestion] Schedule Windows Store downloads for Games and Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    [Feedback Suggestion] Schedule Windows Store downloads for Games and Apps: We need to be able to schedule downloads of Games and apps on Windows store. to set a time period for the downloads so that the downloads will start at X and pause at Y, every day, automatically. Upvote this feedback on the Feedback Hub app if you want the same:...
  8. Looking for Calendar App Suggestions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for Calendar App Suggestions: The default calendar app in Windows 10 does not play well with Google Calendars. I have several accounts in my G Suite account and the default app does not let me assign an event to a specific calendar. I'm looking for alternative apps. Any suggestions? At the moment I...
  9. Cortana suggests the wrong app

in Cortana
    Cortana suggests the wrong app: Hi, I only have the Windows 10 mail app installed to manage my emails. Every time I say "open my email" Cortana suggests "Mail" and "Settings". How can I remove the "Settings" option? I've just done a clean install. Thanks....
  10. Suggestions for Your Phone app

Suggestions for Your Phone app: I am not sure where to post this but could the developers of the 'Your Phone' app consider the following:- * The ability to search all messages for a 'string'. * The ability to delete messages from a conversation thread or the entire message thread....