Windows 10: App taking toooooo long to start.

Discus and support App taking toooooo long to start. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AERegeneratel38 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hchbn4/app_taking_toooooo_long_to_start/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AERegeneratel38, Jun 20, 2020.

1. App taking toooooo long to start.

/u/AERegeneratel38, Jun 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 is taking too long to start up

I clean installed Windows 10 Pro on August 23 and then updated.

Windows 10 is taking almost 4-6 minutes - after pressing the power key to a usable desktop to appear.

I am using Samsung laptop, Intel i5 3rd Gen, 500 Gb HDD.

In my attempt to solve this long-time boot issue, I did the followings;

1. I have done tried many suggestions that are available on internet blogs, including - disabling the start-up programs including my AMD graphics from start-up programs (except my ESET Anti-virus), stopping all background apps (hoping they won't use the system memory, and the battery will last long).
    2. I even contacted Windows official support, and an agent accessed my laptop virtually and tried to do something (I remember she increased the virtual memory, which at that time reduced the start-up time to little above 2 minutes for once two starts) but the problem persists.
    3. I even removed the lock screen and now go directly to password screen when laptop starts, to avoid the few seconds delay.

Additional issues;

1. It takes almost 10-15 seconds for the taskbar icons to appear and become usable after the desktop appears.
    2. The battery is draining fast.
    3. Many of my Hotkeys are not working.

I did an sfc /scannow run on my CMD; it says no integrity violations.

Please help.

user1082820, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Website take to long to load

Hi Hector,

There are several reasons why a website takes too long to respond. One of which is if the internet connection is intermittent. To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you connected via wireless or wired connection?
    • Does this happen to all websites you visit?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Jun 20, 2020
  4. App taking toooooo long to start.

TOMCAT taking too long to start

I am using eclipse as IDE to run my J2EE programs and apache tomcat 9.0 as server on Windows 10, it is taking too long for tomcat to start and in most cases it fails to start with a message

App taking toooooo long to start. 9NLOP.png

What I have done

1. Uninstalled -reinstalled apache tomcat server. Reconfigured it on
      eclipse several times.
    2. Initially if tried starting it from Command line, it would give me an
      error "The JRE_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
      This environment variable is needed to run this program" which I
      solved by creating a "setenv.bat" in %CATALINA_BASE%\bin\, which
      basically include the JRE_HOME variable definition, which did help
      with the JRE_HOME error and TOMCAT started using CMD
    3. Increased the timeout to 60 secs

But I am still facing issue of it not starting on eclipse. Please suggest what could be the possible error and how can I resolve it.

sagrika aggarwal, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

App taking toooooo long to start.

1. App taking toooooo long to start. - Similar Threads - App taking toooooo

2. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  3. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  4. Apps taking long or just not starting at all at boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps taking long or just not starting at all at boot: I have a couple of apps selected to startup at boot, but some of them just take insanely long or just wont startup at all. When i open them normally they startup with normal speed. But at startup theyre really slow. Is there a fix?...
  5. Apps taking long or just not starting at all at boot

Apps taking long or just not starting at all at boot: I have a couple of apps selected to startup at boot, but some of them just take insanely long or just wont startup at all. When i open them normally they startup with normal speed. But at startup theyre really slow. Is there a fix?...
  6. Apps taking too long to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps taking too long to update: Hello, I just bought my computer that comes with Windows 11, and I am having trouble updating all the apps. They take way too long to update, I am not sure if this is because there are so many apps that need to be updated 54 that it's taking longer than normal....
  7. Apps taking too long to update

Apps taking too long to update: Hello, I just bought my computer that comes with Windows 11, and I am having trouble updating all the apps. They take way too long to update, I am not sure if this is because there are so many apps that need to be updated 54 that it's taking longer than normal....
  8. Apps are taking so long to open

Apps are taking so long to open: Hello, My apps are taking so long to open after i start it up.I first open my browsers but it didn't work, always loading, i tried again and again but not work.At last, One of the browsers Which is the Microsoft Edge worked but crashed later on when i try to access a site. So...
  9. Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file: A Windows forum user asked why running Start-MpScan on a file took so long. So I ran a test. I gave it a 300kb .jpg image. Powershell as Admin, Start-MpScan -ScanPath ./image.jpg and .. voom... it took 30 seconds. 30 seconds? On an i7 with 32gb and a NVidia 2xxx...
  10. Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start: The default display settings for the SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Apps & Features page are to display apps "By Size" and to look for apps on "All Drives". The latter is particularly stupid when you consider that Windows and the Store app install all apps to the This PC (aka the C:...