Windows 10: App That Won't Open or Uninstall

Discus and support App That Won't Open or Uninstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to use Microsoft Animation Desk. I had previously downloaded it a few months ago, but uninstalled it. Today I tried to install it again, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarryJohnsonYU, Feb 9, 2021.

1. App That Won't Open or Uninstall

I'm trying to use Microsoft Animation Desk. I had previously downloaded it a few months ago, but uninstalled it. Today I tried to install it again, but it said that I already owned the app, and would not let me install. I went to Start and the app was not there but it later showed up. However, no matter how many times I clicked it, it would not open. I right clicked the app, and clicked uninstall. Nothing. I tried again. Still nothing. I returned to Microsoft Store to see if I could reinstall but nothing worked. I have a Windows 10 PC, and all other apps are working just fine.

:)

BarryJohnsonYU, Feb 9, 2021

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 9, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

tops, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

App That Won't Open or Uninstall

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App That Won't Open or Uninstall :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

App That Won't Open or Uninstall

1. App That Won't Open or Uninstall - Similar Threads - App Won't Open

2. Apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won't open: Alright.at first everything was running smoothly I got to download spotify and use all apps.however at one point I could no longer open MS.i would click on the icon and it would show the little loading thing but the actual app would not load up.Then I coulnt open up my serch...
  3. Apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps won't open: Alright.at first everything was running smoothly I got to download spotify and use all apps.however at one point I could no longer open MS.i would click on the icon and it would show the little loading thing but the actual app would not load up.Then I coulnt open up my serch...
  4. Apps won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps won't open.: Hello, I restarted my computer yesterday, and when it came back, everything on my desktop had gone, and my background had reset. I fixed that, but now an error pops up when I try to open a picture, and there is a white line under the apps that don't work. [ATTACH] What is...
  5. Apps won't open

Apps won't open: Brand new HP pavilion computer. When I open preinstalled apps; I get window with update available. When I click on update, It says already installed. If I click launch; I go back to the window with update available. Round and round I go. I can't find a fix for this. Any...
  6. apps won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apps won't open: idk why my apps won't open, i tried clean boot, i followed the steps and it turns out that the issue is not caused by application or service interference but still the winsock error/ application error still popping out. What should I do? ps: the apps that are not opening:...
  7. Paint 3D won't open. have uninstalled and re-installed but still won't open. the app opens...

Paint 3D won't open. have uninstalled and re-installed but still won't open. the app opens...: Paint 3D opens and almost immediately closes. have reinstalled but still won't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-wont-open-have-uninstalled-and-re/ede83732-8826-48f5-80d3-32f2aa483f15
  8. App won't uninstall

App won't uninstall: I have been having trouble with win 10. (Suprise, Surprise). I found an app that I do not recognize nor install. Dokan Library Bundle. It shows the error " windows installer not available or installed " when I try to uninstall it. Any info about this "new" app would be...
  9. App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    App in "Apps & Features" won't Uninstall: [ATTACH] "World of Tanks" showed up one day. I think I deleted the directory manually. Now it's hanging around making me uncomfortable in Apps & Features, and who knows where else. When I click Uninstall, I end up with the above error. How do I kill this thing?...
  10. Apps won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't open: Hi! So, I recently updated to windows 10. It's going nice and smoothly for a few months until my sister borrowed it. I don't know if she did anything to it, but she told me that it kept restaring after that. So, she decided to perform system restore hoping that it would fix...