Windows 10: App time limits - need to block during the day

Discus and support App time limits - need to block during the day in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Trying to use the familt safety features to block some apps games during the school day say 730am-230pm and allow other apps. How is this not yet... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by xenthuin, Sep 22, 2020.

1. xenthuin Win User

App time limits - need to block during the day

Trying to use the familt safety features to block some apps games during the school day say 730am-230pm and allow other apps. How is this not yet available during all this remote learning? All you need to do is let me add multiple allowable times per app instead of just one continuous block.

:)

xenthuin, Sep 22, 2020

2. Child Time limits not working

My child's account is not blocking after time limits or based on time of day, as it is entered into the schedule

It does log his time, which I can see when I look at his activity tab. His account is also not blocking apps that it is supposed to block. For instance, his activity log shows how many hours he was on Chrome, but then on the "Content Restrictions" tab, it
    shows that Chrome is supposed to be blocked.

- I have followed the steps on this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ft-account-fix-screen-time-limits-not-working

- Windows is up to date

- His account is logged in. And it has been verified.

- I have searched many other threads, forums, etc.

CinBrandon, Sep 22, 2020
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Sep 22, 2020
  4. App time limits - need to block during the day

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

App time limits - need to block during the day

1. App time limits - need to block during the day - Similar Threads - App limits need

2. Screen time and app time limit not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time and app time limit not working: Helpo, i have set my childs screen time and app time limits yet it does not take effect. Even though i have the certain apps blocked, she still is able to use them without any restriction. On the screentime, if i block that, the computer still works. Not sure why this is...
  3. Block an app time to time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Block an app time to time: As you read in the title, I want to block some apps from time to time so I can avoid distractions during school. My grades are a bit off because sometimes I get distracted doing something else than paying attention to the class. I want to improve my grades, but, at the same...
  4. Blocking / Limiting internet access during specific hours of the day

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking / Limiting internet access during specific hours of the day: Good Day, I would like to configure my children's laptop, Windows 10, to only allow Zoom to access the internet during the hours of 8am and 4pm. Is this possible? The kids use Zoom for their remote classes, but I want to make sure they are not surfing the web during...
  5. Screen time limit block the child before "Time Limit" reached.

Screen time limit block the child before "Time Limit" reached.: I have child account in my family group and I found that "Time Limit" end in less time then defined. Now it's define for 6hr. Usage show 5:35 only and account is blocked. By time window usage allowed also. Device limits What can cause it?...
  6. Screen time/app limits

Screen time/app limits: I have never set up app/screen time limits, suddenly I am being asked to give myself permission to use Chrome despite not having enabled this setting in my family group. Obviously I can give myself permission but it seems strange that this suddenly became an issue. Has...
  7. screen and app time limits

screen and app time limits: I keep getting a notification that I need a parent's I am the parentpermission for more time on Chrome but I have no time limits set on any device on my account. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Prevent Sleep Mode during day time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent Sleep Mode during day time: Hi there, I would like to know if there is any option how to prevent sleep mode during day time, something like active hours for updates. For example I want my PC to go to sleep after 11PM if it is idle for specific time, but not after 8AM, not activate it until it is 11PM...
  9. Family - multiple time limits per day

Family - multiple time limits per day: I want my child to be able to use her laptop during school hours, but have time limited while at home. How can I set up multiple time limits per day? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-multiple-time-limits-per-day/713af6a0-b30d-4845-a4f0-1f60398028be"
  10. Screen time limit set to "Blocked" does not block login

Screen time limit set to "Blocked" does not block login: Hi, My son has lost use of the computer for a week so, earlier in the week, I went to the Family management page, selected "Screen time" for my son, and set the "Time limit" for every day to "Blocked". I was surprised to see, under "Recent activity" - "Screen time", that...