Windows 10: App to automate Windows tasks

Discus and support App to automate Windows tasks in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, can someone please recommend software for the automation of some Windows tasks? As example, open an app in Windows Explorer, click on a button,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IvanDenisovich, Sep 1, 2020.

1. App to automate Windows tasks

Hi, can someone please recommend software for the automation of some Windows tasks? As example, open an app in Windows Explorer, click on a button, switch windows within the app, place check in option box, or remove said check, etc.

Since I'm not really familiar with the required coding it would be necessary to have a macro recorder, which would create the required .exe file for later activation. I'm familiar with the macro recorder in Excel VBA, but not with the Windows version.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

IvanDenisovich, Sep 1, 2020

2. Problems with the email app in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app and configure the account again. Please follow the steps to uninstall the mail app.

Please follow the following steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell.
      • This will open a new powershell.
      • Type the following get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*

| remove-appxpackage
    After performing uninstallation, I suggest you to reinstall the app from Windows store and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Luko69 Win User

App to automate Windows tasks

Automation of tasks in Windows

Hi Guys,

There is a specific task that I would like to automate on a laptop with Windows 10:

The situation is as follows: .zip file is downloaded to folder Download. Now I want the following to happen automatically:

1. Extract the .zip file to folder Extracted
    2. Delete the .zip file from folder Download

I have already searched on Google but from what I understand it doesn't do it automated. One still has to push a button or type some command to execute it. I would like this to be automated. Anyone ever done this?

Greetz *Wink

Luko69, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

App to automate Windows tasks

1. App to automate Windows tasks - Similar Threads - App automate tasks

2. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Automation: HiI need to automate a number of tasks:1. I have a program that I use for stocks. It allows me to save data as a CSV. I need to automate the running of this program so it copies the data to a local folder.2. I have a data provider that provides data via SFTP. I need to...
  3. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Automation: HiI need to automate a number of tasks:1. I have a program that I use for stocks. It allows me to save data as a CSV. I need to automate the running of this program so it copies the data to a local folder.2. I have a data provider that provides data via SFTP. I need to...
  4. Task Automation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automate Tasks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automate Tasks: Hey, bit of a long shot but always worth a try. Pretty much I'm needing some software to automate repetitive tasks on a locked down work PC that can't have software installed. I'm assuming if it was possible the device or software would have to pretend it's a mouse or...
  6. Automate post-installation tasks

Automate post-installation tasks: For context I work in a computer shop and we do a lot of installations manually and this takes a lot of time, I already looked into creating a unattended install and now I'm searching for a way to turn off some settings like the window transparency and the background apps...
  7. Automate launch of Windows Store Apps in Task Scheduler

Automate launch of Windows Store Apps in Task Scheduler: Hi all, I've been trying to get a Windows Store app to launch at startup/login using Task Scheduler but have since failed. I used Task Manager to trace the file path of the windows app and made a Simple Task in Task Scheduler but no dice there. Anyone have any ideas?...
  8. How would I automate this task?

How would I automate this task?: I'm using a program called 4K Stogram, which lets you download Instagram posts. Bulk downloads get you banned, so I've been downloading each account manually by hitting the refresh icon next to each profile name and stopping after a certain number of requests (see below for a...
  9. Is it possible to automate a sequence of task in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to automate a sequence of task in windows?: We all regularly use window. Being a coder sometime we feel that we are repeating a set of task in windows everyday. Do windows provide us any way to achieve the same? For example After logging in I would like to go a folder Click a batch file in that folder Delete a...
  10. Automation of tasks in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automation of tasks in Windows: Hi Guys, There is a specific task that I would like to automate on a laptop with Windows 10: The situation is as follows: .zip file is downloaded to folder Download. Now I want the following to happen automatically: 1. Extract the .zip file to folder Extracted 2....