Windows 10: App to check W10 compatibility with hard/software before upgrade?

Discus and support App to check W10 compatibility with hard/software before upgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there an application that will check the compatibility of all existing hardware and software in my Win 7 Home PC before I begin an upgrade to Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Manigue, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Manigue Win User

App to check W10 compatibility with hard/software before upgrade?

Is there an application that will check the compatibility of all existing hardware and software in my Win 7 Home PC before I begin an upgrade to Win 10?

:)

Manigue, Sep 11, 2015

2. November refreah : 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C - How to find incompartible app?

Still not getting answer for

How to find which app or device cause the installation to fail with tis code?

There was a comparability checker when it was from 8.1 to 10, but there is NONE from W10 to W10?

Before trying this, is this media creator actually checked the software and drive installed on PC and check compatibility and report back? ( I'm bit away from that particular PC at moment.

Ben

Photographer_250, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Nokia N91, problems all the way with MP4, 3Gp and . Sis apps- SOS!

whilst it is true the phone is made for the human, unfortunately the software is not.

nokia worked hard to bring you this new phone, if you want to install new software for it, you need to make sure it is compatible before you buy it.

you would go trying to install a windows app on a mac before checking its compatible would you?

seraphim---01, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Yes, there is: In the taskbar, click on the white little windows icon. The one, which looks like a small flag. This upgrade app also contains a report on whether your rpograms and hardware are compatible or not.

Joergi, Sep 11, 2015
  5. Manigue Win User
    Thanks Joergi, was not aware that this feature was already on my PC.

Manigue, Sep 11, 2015
  6. And, do NOT rely on the results of that app as being accurate. I ran it on two Win7 PCs and it showed full compatible for BOTH. One PC failed just into the upgrade and reverted OK. The other PC failed a little farther into the upgrade but was left in an unusable state. This second PC required restoration from HP Recovery Media to be usable again.

Checking with HP, I discovered LOTS of folks whose machines were considered fully compatible only to encounter corruption during the Upgrade. The tool apparently doesn't do a good job of detecting some hardware and/or driver conflicts. Lots of folks on the HP forums have upgraded their PCs only to find that some hardware, most notably touchpads and fingerprint scanners, do NOT work anymore.

Mark Phelps, Sep 11, 2015
  7. Joergi Win User
    For me the upgrades I did worked out nicely. However, it is always a good idea to have a system image somewhere on a backup drive - just in case...

However, what I see is this:
    Some PCs have first shown a notice like "This PC is ready for WIndows 10", but now they show some problem, although software and hardware stayed the same. Microsoft from time to time obviously is still updating the compatibility app with new data.

Joergi, Sep 11, 2015
  8. App to check W10 compatibility with hard/software before upgrade?

That's good to hear -- so they're finally fixing their compatibility checker. IF they really wanted this to work better, they would FORCE a compatibility re-check as part of any Upgrade, even if you did that from external media. That would help prevent some of the upgrade problems.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. App to check W10 compatibility with hard/software before upgrade? - Similar Threads - App check W10

2. How to check 3rd party apps compatibility before installing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check 3rd party apps compatibility before installing Windows 11?: I've been delaying the move to Windows 11 currently running Windows 10 Pro. In Windows Update it says "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11." Also says it's "Ready and Free." So I can take the leap.What it doesn't tell me is: Are all the 3rd...
  3. How to check 3rd party apps compatibility before installing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check 3rd party apps compatibility before installing Windows 11?: I've been delaying the move to Windows 11 currently running Windows 10 Pro. In Windows Update it says "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11." Also says it's "Ready and Free." So I can take the leap.What it doesn't tell me is: Are all the 3rd...
  4. Software compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software compatibility: Is Adobe Creative Suites InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc. affected in any way with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/497996fb-67e9-4c01-9aed-7ffa03a037fa
  5. Software compatibility

Software compatibility: Is Adobe Creative Suites InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc. affected in any way with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/497996fb-67e9-4c01-9aed-7ffa03a037fa
  6. Software compatibility

Software compatibility: I have recently found my old 'The Home Depot: Home Improvement 1-2-3' Interactive CD (pictured below) & I was wondering if anyone knows how to install the program onto a Windows 10 computer. 182922
  7. Software to find if apps are compatible with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software to find if apps are compatible with Windows 10: Help me to find software that shows if my apps are compatible with Windows 10. I am going to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and want to get this information...
  8. software compatibility

software compatibility: how would I install internet explorer 4.01 sp2 on a win 10 os? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-compatibility/2d924788-1891-4a1d-912b-013bc0bb3b76
  9. Create a VM from W8.1Pro before upgrading to W10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Create a VM from W8.1Pro before upgrading to W10: I apologize, but like my user name says, I am a newbie to VM's. I have created a couple - mainly the new preview builds of W10 to watch and play with the new variations. However I have not been able to get a P2V conversion to work. Currently, what I am trying to do now is...
  10. Installing W7 updates before upgrading to W10

Installing W7 updates before upgrading to W10: I have had to reinstall my W7 OS and intend to upgrade it to W10. Can I do so without having to download and instal all the previous W7 updates ? 66974