Windows 10: App to discover keyboard shortcuts and run actions

Discus and support App to discover keyboard shortcuts and run actions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I want to control Windows mostly with my keyboard, but I'm not able to remember every keyboard shortcut available. I'm not looking for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cryptos6, Jul 24, 2020.

1. App to discover keyboard shortcuts and run actions

App to discover keyboard shortcuts and run actions TNfwbQArn-qc-ckvMu-t8fkzYh7tbVgV2G564NnYIgo.jpg

I want to control Windows mostly with my keyboard, but I'm not able to remember every keyboard shortcut available. I'm not looking for an general app launcher and I'm aware of the search functionality in the start menu.

What I'm looking vor is something to search for typical Windows actions like "minimize window", "open tray menu" or "mute speakers". I want to be able to type a keyword, say "speakers" and want to see available actions and their shortcuts and it should be able to run any displayed command.

An example for such an "action launcher" is the development environment IntelliJ IDEA:

IntelliJ Action Launcher

Even the good old Microsoft Outlook has such a launcher (Alt+M).

Do you know a tool to find windows actions by typing?

submitted by /u/cryptos6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cryptos6, Jul 24, 2020

2. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Add the Touch Keyboard Icon to the Action Center

Hi Doug,

Adding the touch keyboard on the items in Action Center is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can change the settings to automatically show the touch keyboard when you use the device in tablet mode. If you'd like to do this, you can
    follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Go to Typing.
    • Under Touch keyboard settings, switch on Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there’s no keyboard attached to your device.

If you want to provide a feedback or suggestion to Microsoft to have the touch keyboard available in Action Center, you can post it
    here.

Let us know if the suggestion above works for you.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

App to discover keyboard shortcuts and run actions

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

App to discover keyboard shortcuts and run actions

1. App to discover keyboard shortcuts and run actions - Similar Threads - App discover keyboard

2. Action Centre working but Quick Actions shortcuts are missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Centre working but Quick Actions shortcuts are missing: Surface Book running Windows 10. Action Centre working fine but I can see the quick actions shortcuts that were normally visible. Going to System Settings and trying to edit the quick Action settings just opens the Action Centre and is of no help. [ATTACH]...
  3. Do keyboard shortcuts for apps not work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do keyboard shortcuts for apps not work?: They do sometimes, but rarely so. The one consistent shortcut is the one on chrome. Do i need to place the app on the desktop for it to work consistently? submitted by /u/Assassinatrix [link] [comments]...
  4. Keyboard Shortcuts only work if another program is running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard Shortcuts only work if another program is running: I am using Windows 10, my keyboard shortcuts only work if another program is running, which is inconvenient since I use the shortcuts to launch every program I use regularly. I have tried researching but apparently google and I are having communication problems. Any guidance...
  5. designer keyboard can't be discovered

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    designer keyboard can't be discovered: hi everyone, recently built a pc and don't have bluetooth capability on motherboard. bought 2 bluetooth dongles as i thought it was a dongle issue but the keyboard doesn't appear when searching for bluetooth devices. the dongles appear to work fine as they can find my...
  6. Shortcut to action center is not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to action center is not available: like thisI can't operate any buttonsHow to solve it?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-to-action-center-is-not-available/f15a8b23-1e69-4562-8c7b-566763deb216
  7. Ubuntu App Keyboard Shortcut Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu App Keyboard Shortcut Slow: I just setup a keyboard shortcut to open a new terminal for the Ubuntu app. However, it takes 5 seconds to open which is longer than it takes me to manually open a new window. How can I make it faster? 102869
  8. App-specific keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App-specific keyboard shortcuts: I just recently got a Windows 10 PC, and I am having a problem. While general keyboard shortcuts (like Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) work in all applications, shortcuts specific to an application don't work. Is there a fix for this problem? 32635
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: How do you turn OFF keyboard shortcuts? I never use them but when I'm typing, I often hit CTRL when I mean the Shift key and then whatever letter I hit next is then combined with CTRL and displays something I don't want. I've been unable to find the setting that hopefully...
  10. Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10: How to: Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10 List of Keyboard Shortcuts for Apps in Windows 10 Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can save you...