Windows 10: App To Find Empty Folders on Ext. 2TB Drive

Discus and support App To Find Empty Folders on Ext. 2TB Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A Google search seemed to come up with quite a few scripts as well as CMD instructions but if I can I would like to avoid that procedure since no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phaedruspress, Nov 9, 2018.

1. App To Find Empty Folders on Ext. 2TB Drive

A Google search seemed to come up with quite a few scripts as well as CMD instructions but if I can I would like to avoid that procedure since no telling what kind of damage I could cause : ) I followed one instruction that had me just use the Search function in explorer and I must have not done it correctly since it returned no results and I can see that some of the folders on the drive are empty by opening them (nothing is hidden). Ideally I really do not want to install anything so anyone know of a portable app that I can aim it at the 2TB external USB drive and tell it to find all of the empty folders? I do NOT want to involve the two internal boot drives at all in this search. Thanks.

:)

phaedruspress, Nov 9, 2018
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

App To Find Empty Folders on Ext. 2TB Drive

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

App To Find Empty Folders on Ext. 2TB Drive

1. App To Find Empty Folders on Ext. 2TB Drive - Similar Threads - App Find Empty

2. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  3. Empty Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Folders: I have a number of empty folders that I'd like to clean up in my music directory. In Windows 11, I can no longer search for 0 byte folders. How to remove them automatically?There are a number of freeware tools out there, none I've found work for Windows 11. This should be...
  4. Ext USB Drive Folders Empty after BSOD

Ext USB Drive Folders Empty after BSOD: I had a BSOD yesterday while unplugging a USB camera from an active USB extension cable connected to my PC. The system rebooted and everything seemed fine. Until today when I attempted to back up some files to my 8TB Seagate USB drive which is connected to this PC. The...
  5. Modifying WindowsApps Folder ox Ext Drive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modifying WindowsApps Folder ox Ext Drive: Hi. I've been battling for hours to get read/write access to my WindowsApps folder on an external drive. I need to run a patch for RE7 from the root directory to get it to work on my PC but the permissions just won't give me access. I've got visibility of the folders and...
  6. One Drive - empty folders

One Drive - empty folders: Background: I have been having issued with my outlook. So IT department says "they have to do a 1909 update and if that doesn't fix it then they will do a reimage." So first, they wanted me to copy all my docs from my computer to OneDrive. Worked great. for about 2 weeks...
  7. One Drive folders empty

One Drive folders empty: Hi , I am in a terrible state as my One Drive folders are there but are empty inside. Please can someone help? Thanks Lynne https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-folders-empty/edb3e80d-0567-4425-b90b-d86065ad9904
  8. 3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM

3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM: I HAVE A 2TB DRIVE IN AN EXTERNAL CADDY,,WHEN I COPY FILES TO IT IT'S RECOCOGNISED BY WIN 10,AND PLAYABLEMOVIES''WHEN I UNPLUG IT AND PUT THE DRIVE THROUGH MY SUMVISION MICRO 2 MULTI MEDIA PLAYER CONNECTED TO TV IT DOES NOT SHOW FILES,,I HAVE 4 OTHER EXTERNAL DRIVES..ONE OF...
  9. Seagate Ext Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Ext Drive: Just got one...I can't format it? No Einstein here, but I figure out everything......this is cra cra AF....or I may have puffed the magic dragon too much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-ext-drive/b63aa0cf-519d-489c-9261-4fded7fd3819
  10. This folder is empty

This folder is empty: Hi guys, We have a Windows 10 Pro computer that for some reason seems to lose it's files on any attached USB drives. At the moment if I select properties of the USB drive I see that the USB drive has 92GB used, but opening the USB drive itself all the folders are there...