Windows 10: App updates affect on other user accounts

Discus and support App updates affect on other user accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So once again a native app updates, in this case Tips, and once again the app fails to launch for the other user accounts afterwards. It's fine in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, May 11, 2017.

1. App updates affect on other user accounts

So once again a native app updates, in this case Tips, and once again the app fails to launch for the other user accounts afterwards. It's fine in my user acc where the update initiated from. But I am seeing this far too frequently when ms updates it's own apps. It is a time consuming fix, go into each user acc and reset the app. Clearly MS do not think people use user accounts on a single pc! Anyone in case others see this irritating bug then resetting the app under settings software and apps and advanced is the fix

:)

Scottyboy99, May 11, 2017

2. 0x80073CF6 error on windows 10

Hi there.

Other user accounts are not affected. My wife's administrator account and my children's standard accounts all work fine. All of our accounts are linked with our Microsoft accounts; although mine is the only with terabytes of local storage.

The only issue I am having is that certain Microsoft apps are not updating and those same apps refuse to launch. Other apps - including some other Microsoft apps update and run fine. Start menu, Cortana and search all function correctly as well. Only this
    one PC (Our main one) seems to be affected by this.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but my account was the one the OS was set up with on the PC.

BjörnRadtke, May 11, 2017
  3. "Windows store won't open" Windows 10, is only the tip of the iceburg of what is root cause...

The script he ran would affect all users due to the -AllUsers command switch. I have even tested other accounts, they all have broken apps just as my main account. It is odd but apps like 3D Builder was not affected, but the store and calc, and photos,
    and dvd player are all broken in the start menu.

BryanPerris, May 11, 2017
Thema:

App updates affect on other user accounts

1. App updates affect on other user accounts - Similar Threads - App updates affect

2. Desktop Background Theme Changes Affect Other Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Background Theme Changes Affect Other Users: Hi,I just installed Windows 11 in a brand new machine and I am facing this weird issue. I have two different users both as Administrators. When I change the desktop background theme wallpaper in one of them it affects the other too. The change usually affects the other user...
  3. Desktop Background Theme Changes Affect Other Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Background Theme Changes Affect Other Users: Hi,I just installed Windows 11 in a brand new machine and I am facing this weird issue. I have two different users both as Administrators. When I change the desktop background theme wallpaper in one of them it affects the other too. The change usually affects the other user...
  4. will adding a provisioning package affect other users

in Windows 10 Customization
    will adding a provisioning package affect other users: will adding a provisioning package affect other users when installed on existing user.I have two existing accounts I want to basically replicate on several other computers that I want to share all the same setting configurations etc. I created a provisioning package using...
  5. User Account affectiveness

User Account affectiveness: I am using a live production program with Window 10 pro. Problem: If I use original accountcreated an account while install window10 pro, program runs very smooth. However, after switch to other user account the program is runs differentBad. It uses more CPU then the...
  6. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts: Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme...
  7. Restictions on user account affecting admin account

Restictions on user account affecting admin account: I have a user account for school and a separate admin account for home, and restrictions on my school account are on my admin account. I don't have the school account connected to my home account. Is it possible to stop this?...
  8. Windows 10 Profile keeps getting corrupted, other user accounts not affected

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Profile keeps getting corrupted, other user accounts not affected: I have a hugely annoying problem with my main computer. My windows 10 profile (with microsoft account) keeps getting corrupted. I believe it has happened to me 10 times now and the last 3 times have been within the last 3 weeks. 2 of which after fresh installs of Windows 10...
  9. App updates causing problems for other user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App updates causing problems for other user accounts: Is anyone else having issues when Microsoft decides to update one its native apps? This has happened a few times now where I login to my acc and check in store for updates. Just now voice recorder, calculator and alarms all updated. I opened each one to test them out and all...
  10. Keyboard on other users accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard on other users accounts: I cannot seem to change it for my other user accounts. Mine is fine but the others have @ symbol above the 2 whilst I need it near enter. The language settings are UK and override for windows display language says 'use language list'. I change it to UK and save but it never...