Windows 10: App updates causing problems for other user accounts

Discus and support App updates causing problems for other user accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is anyone else having issues when Microsoft decides to update one its native apps? This has happened a few times now where I login to my acc and check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, May 22, 2017.

1. App updates causing problems for other user accounts

Is anyone else having issues when Microsoft decides to update one its native apps? This has happened a few times now where I login to my acc and check in store for updates. Just now voice recorder, calculator and alarms all updated. I opened each one to test them out and all is fine. But then we go into the other family user accounts and each app refuses to launch. Nothing happens. We can get them working by going into settings and resetting each app. But it's very time consuming considering we have four accounts. It seems to be a bug to me in creators update as it was ok on anniversary update. And our other pc that hasn't updated yet to creators exhibits none of this behaviour. It's got to the point that we dread MS updating one of its native apps which unfortunately is quite often

:)

Scottyboy99, May 22, 2017

2. Microsoft Solitaire collection not working in Windows 10

I have the same problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not solve the problem. The problem occurred only one account one the computer, the other accounts could start the app without problems. The account with problems on this computer can run
    the app without problems on another computer. Therefor I suspect the problem is caused by something in the user profile of this account on this computer.

Arjen Krap, May 22, 2017
  3. Desktop shortcut icons keep changing from arrow to nothing or other image on WIndows 10

There are reports OneDrive and Dropbox syncing can cause this. Are you using any of these apps when these happens? Did you also check to make sure your display adapter is updated? Does the problem occur in other user accounts?

Andre Da Costa, May 22, 2017
Thema:

App updates causing problems for other user accounts

1. App updates causing problems for other user accounts - Similar Threads - App updates causing

2. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  3. Managing Other User account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing Other User account: I have given my son a surface to use in school and his profile was created by his school under other users. I am the administrator of the surface but I am unable to add his account to the family account neither am I able to restrict his time on the surface. Is there something...
  4. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts: Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme...
  5. Problem with other users of this account not working normally

Problem with other users of this account not working normally: My daughters accounts for Windows 10 does not work when you click the windows button at the home page. All other accounts/logins seem to work just fine. Does anyone or has anyone had this problem?...
  6. Windows Update breaks features and causes other problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update breaks features and causes other problems: Hello, My computer, which I got in July of 2018, came with Windows 10 version 1709 out of the box. I tried updating it to the latest version the same day I got it (which was then 1803). When I updated it, a number of problems (which I will describe below) have arisen so I...
  7. "other user" problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "other user" problem: I am using Windows 10. Not realizing what I was doing at the time, I established a PIN number. Originally, when I rebooted, started or woke from sleep, I needed no user, pin or password to get into the computer. Once I established the Pin, everything changed and I now...
  8. other user problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    other user problem: I have this problem on my windows 10 computer its called other user i have tried everything bit none of them work i tried pressing win+r but it wont show up i even enabled safe mode that dont work so please can u guys help real quick thank you And btw this all started...
  9. App updates affect on other user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App updates affect on other user accounts: So once again a native app updates, in this case Tips, and once again the app fails to launch for the other user accounts afterwards. It's fine in my user acc where the update initiated from. But I am seeing this far too frequently when ms updates it's own apps. It is a time...
  10. Keyboard on other users accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard on other users accounts: I cannot seem to change it for my other user accounts. Mine is fine but the others have @ symbol above the 2 whilst I need it near enter. The language settings are UK and override for windows display language says 'use language list'. I change it to UK and save but it never...