Windows 10: APP using the camera,...

Discus and support APP using the camera,... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Camera states it is being used by "another APP." How to identify and turn that APP off,...I've tried the normal processes via Settings, etc., to no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkCharbogian, Aug 1, 2020.

1. APP using the camera,...

Camera states it is being used by "another APP." How to identify and turn that APP off,...I've tried the normal processes via Settings, etc., to no avail? It is inhibiting me from using the camera for other purposes, interviews, etc.

:)

MarkCharbogian, Aug 1, 2020
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Aug 1, 2020
  3. goblinbox Win User
    Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/camera-app-faq:

1. Open the Camera app.
    2. Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.
      (If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)
    3. Tap or click the Change camera button.

goblinbox, Aug 1, 2020
  4. KatrineCY Win User

APP using the camera,...

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

APP using the camera,...

1. APP using the camera,... - Similar Threads - APP using camera

2. Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera: Hi everyone:I was about to start a meeting and my camera the one that's part of my laptop wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling...
  3. Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera locked on Windows 11 Camera app and other apps that use the camera: Hi everyone:I was about to start a meeting and my camera the one that's part of my laptop wouldn't work in the meeting platform, but then I realized not even the Windows camera app was working, showing me the attached image. I tried rolling back the driver, uninstalling...
  4. My camera is in use by another app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera is in use by another app: I recently had to use the smart phone to join a Zoom call because my camera wouldn't work. I later tried to open the computer camera but got a message that the camera is being used by another app. How does one find out which app is using it and regain use of the camera?Error...
  5. Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.

Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.: Camera in use by another app... but it isn't. I cant get my camera to work because message says it's in use by another app. The only camera app I use is Zoom, but I don't have Zoom open....
  6. Is there a way to use a WiFi camera with the Camera app.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to use a WiFi camera with the Camera app.: We have some feeders for the local humming birds that we like to take videos of. We can use a wired camera but it is attached to only one computer. We would like to have a WiFi connection to Camera so we do not have a wire. . Or is there another app to solve this....
  7. Trouble editing camera properties on webcam using camera app

Trouble editing camera properties on webcam using camera app: I've looked all over the place to try and change the settings for my new webcam, but I tried right clicking on the camera app and nothing happens. The only way I can edit the camera properties is through OBS Studio so far and the settings don't save or change for any other...
  8. Other apps using camera already

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other apps using camera already: When attempting to open Camera or YouCam keep getting messages that another app is using the camera already. Can find no other app accessing the camera. Have updated the drivers. Any thoughts?...
  9. Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10

Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10: I have a USB camera that is working in Skype and Zoom, but when I open the Camera App, I do not see a way to switch to that camera. I have checked in settings. Any advice would be appreciated. 140620
  10. Camera being used by another app.

Camera being used by another app.: Want to use camera on laptop and reads that the camera is being used by another app that needs to be closed. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/camera-being-used-by-another-app/4529ad7b-4d3a-4cc6-9937-b5feb61d53e2