Windows 10: App volume and device preferences not saving

Discus and support App volume and device preferences not saving in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I amend a volume in the "App Volume and Device Prefences" it is not 'holding'. In other words..I set it at 50% for Audacity, then when I next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JulietGrayson, Apr 29, 2020.

1. App volume and device preferences not saving

When I amend a volume in the "App Volume and Device Prefences" it is not 'holding'. In other words..I set it at 50% for Audacity, then when I next reopen audacity it has reverted to 100%.

What can I do. Windows 10.

:)

JulietGrayson, Apr 29, 2020
  2. ITM
    itm Win User

How to add desktop shortcut to App volume device preferences?

Thanks. That script opens the Device Properties page for the Mic - see attached screenshot. Any idea how the script can be modified to open the App volume device preferences screen?

App volume and device preferences not saving [​IMG]

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    App volume device preferences assistance

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that you want to configure sound profile for your application.

As per the description, we would like to inform you that the apps displayed under
    App volume device preferences are the ones, which show current sound outputs. The app list gets updated if any application outputs sound.

We can change the option Output for the application i.e. to speaker/headphones using the drop down. By default, it will use the settings that are being used by the computer.

Refer the screenshot below:

Currently, we can create a custom profile only for sound theme this applies to events in Windows and programs. You can do that by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Sounds tab.
    4. Now, you can click on any sound under Windows and select a sound from the drop down for
      Sounds.
    5. Once you have selected the sound, you can click on
      Save As and save the profile.

Refer the screenshot below:

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 29, 2020
  4. RAF2 Win User

App volume and device preferences not saving

How to add desktop shortcut to App volume device preferences?

You can change the tab number on that script. In my case I've changed from 6 to 7 and worked.

Thema:

App volume and device preferences not saving

1. App volume and device preferences not saving - Similar Threads - App volume device

2. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19042I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  3. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19042I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  4. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19043I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  6. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings: Currently running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.19043I repeatedly have to open "app volume and device preferences" to lower app volumes. My settings don't appear to be saving.Does anyone know why?...
  7. Saving "app volume and device preferences" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. App volume and device preferences not saving after reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App volume and device preferences not saving after reboot: Hello everyone. I would like to ask for some help regarding windows 10 "App volume and device preferences", as it is not retaining the configuration I set nad it gets sort of lost after the restart. the thing is that I use various channels for my pc's sound (voicememter...
  9. App volume and device preferences

App volume and device preferences: [ATTACH] For some reason, I didn't have any sound. So, I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it then updating, rollback the driver. I went to services and made sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder were running. I even refresh them and everything. So, I...
  10. App volume and device preferences

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App volume and device preferences: https://i.imgur.com/E7kKZT4.png For some reason, I didn't have any sound. So, I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it then updating, rollback the driver. I went to services and made sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder were running. I even refresh them...