Windows 10: App Volume Default wont change

Discus and support App Volume Default wont change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings: I am having an audio issue. I have Windows 10, sound card AMD GX 570. Problem: If I don't have my speakers turned on when I start the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaerdna, Feb 21, 2019.

1. jaerdna Win User

App Volume Default wont change

Greetings:

I am having an audio issue. I have Windows 10, sound card AMD GX 570.

Problem: If I don't have my speakers turned on when I start the computer my apps (ex. steam, browsers (all), music) won't play. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver as per my graphic/sound card tech help people. When I click the speaker icon and slide the sound volume, I get the bong sound. But still no sound from any apps. When I run the troubleshooter, no issues found. I only have my speakers set as default. No other devices are listed or hidden. I am not sure how this was done previously, but the sound was being routed to my monitor, but this was disabled and no longer being listed as an option. On the speaker icon, only Speakers (2-Realtek High Def.) is listed. There is no other option.

What I did notice is that in the sound - App volume and device preferences on the option for the sound system, it says Default. The master is set to the Speakers with no option of default.

Under the app:

System sound is set to 95 -- Output is Default ( no other options are given)

Then I have Chrome and Edge listed under that and I am given options of Default and Speakers.

When I choose Speakers for the chrome and edge, still no sound, but the volume bar in a different area is saying that sound is coming through.

How can I change the app system sound to speakers?

Under Mange sound devices, the only device that is listed is the Speakers. I hit test and I get the bong sound. It is enable.

So what is the default??? The only place I can find the default is in the Sound under playback, and it only lists the Speakers.

Help.. Thanks

:)

jaerdna, Feb 21, 2019
  2. jacobacci Win User

Changing default app won't stick

Hi all
    I am trying to give Windows Photo Viewer all its (file extension) defaults

I have tried two ways to set Windows Photo Viewer as default:

Control Panel / Default Programs / Set your default programs / Windows Photo Viewer
    Whatever I do, windows does not let me assign more that two defaults to Windows Photo Viewer. e.g. jpg cannot be assigned.

App Volume Default wont change [​IMG]

Setting / System / Default apps
    When I click Photo Viewer chose a default, a list pops up, but it does not contain Windows Photo Viewer.

App Volume Default wont change [​IMG]

Also I tried to set jRiver as the default for Video Player. It does appear in the list and I can select it in the list, but it will not appear as the default Video Player.

If I chose Photos as the Photo Viewer app, it appears as the default for both Photo Viewer and Video Player.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong here?

jacobacci, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Cannot change the default apps by using control panel

Original Title: Cannot change default apps.

As said, I cannot change the default apps by using control panel > ... > Default Apps tab.

I cannot change any of the default programs. I use paint.net to edit/view photos and I cannot set it to the default program even though it is on the list, it does not change and i'm stuck with the default photo viewer. This happens with any other app actually,
    I cannot change the default music player there, nor browser or anything.

I followed these steps as suggest by a microsoft engineer, post 2, and later on, no avail.

Can't change default apps in Windows 10

I refuse to use work arounds, I'd like a proper solution is possible, thank you.

RodrigoDrt, Feb 21, 2019
  4. tarn_55 Win User

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. App Volume Default wont change - Similar Threads - App Volume Default

2. change "default app"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change "default app": I have just bought a new computer and moved from Win10 to Win11.I used a program on the Win10 D: drive, which when moved to the new computer became the Win11 G: drive. The program's data file contains much of the license data used to reinstall the programs in the old Win10...
  3. change "default app"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change "default app": I have just bought a new computer and moved from Win10 to Win11.I used a program on the Win10 D: drive, which when moved to the new computer became the Win11 G: drive. The program's data file contains much of the license data used to reinstall the programs in the old Win10...
  4. Windows app wont launch and default app location wont change

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows app wont launch and default app location wont change: Recently I got the xbox game pass for pc and i wanted to install some games and it wouldn't let me because my c drive doesn't have enough space. After figuring out how to change it i tried to do so. It responded with the no permissions error. After looking up the fix for...
  5. Change to NO default App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change to NO default App: for HTT files windows has Robohelp as the default program. I did this. I want to change it to NOTHING. I don't want windows to choose any app for HTT file types. Currently when in Robohelp, if I try to open an .htt file, windows opens a new instance of the application....
  6. Changing default apps

Changing default apps: I have a old MS word program2010that I own and works well on my Win 10 pc. When I open any doc the default program or app is the one that came with the the Win 10 PC, which you have to activate and purchase. Im perfectly happy with my old version. When I go to change it in...
  7. Default App change

Default App change: Windows 10 does not appear to give me the ability to change my browser default. The current comments I'm reading seem to confirm this. Is it true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-change/308c282c-6769-4cd6-bef7-d3d46ade53f7
  8. changing default apps

changing default apps: I cannot change twinui as default app for videos or photos I turned off screen lock and now I can change default to playing music but when I try change default app for photos or videos the window just closes...
  9. How to change Windows 10 default volume

How to change Windows 10 default volume: Its always set at 60 and I have to change every time when I start the computer. I can't seem to default it to anything else, searched so much online for an answer. (without having to download a new program or anything) I'm really surprised a company like Microsoft made...
  10. Default app volume in Volume mixer.

Default app volume in Volume mixer.: By default, Groove music is too loud, so I turn to the Volume mixer and set its volume to 1%. But when I close Groove window and launch it again, it again becomes 100% in the Volume mixer, so I need to change it every time. Can I solve this problem?...