Windows 10: App volume device preferences assistance

Discus and support App volume device preferences assistance in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a custom app that I would like to configure to have a unique sound profile, especially regarding Popup windows that occur within the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris Conway, Sep 12, 2019 at 6:07 AM.

1. App volume device preferences assistance

Hi,

I have a custom app that I would like to configure to have a unique sound profile, especially regarding Popup windows that occur within the app itself. My way to try to explore how to do this is to use the new feature Window 10 1803 April 2019.

The screenshot below indicates 2 apps that are shown to be configured as a Windows default profile. Does the default option imply that there is a "custom" profile that can be applied to each application?

How do you add applications to this list? Can any app be added or is the list restricted?

Many thanks,

Chris

App volume device preferences assistance 46f9bfc2-64ef-414b-b454-2e8dfc738880?upload=true.jpg

:)

Chris Conway, Sep 12, 2019 at 6:07 AM
  2. ITM
    itm Win User

How to add desktop shortcut to App volume device preferences?

OK so there's no way of going directly to "App volume device preferences" from a shortcut?

3. Edwin Win User

perhaps you're talking about the Sound Control Panel?

mmsys.cpl

or, the Volume Mixer...

sndvol

4. ITM
    itm Win User

App volume device preferences assistance

That doesn't allow you to change the audio output device for each app does it? (I have 3 audio devices)

Thema:

App volume device preferences assistance

1. App volume device preferences assistance - Similar Threads - App volume device

2. App volume and Device Preferences not routing audio to different different devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    App volume and Device Preferences not routing audio to different different devices.: As the subject says I have been having this trouble when trying to route the audio for programs to different devices it doesn't work. I can choose the device but it doesn't actually change where the audio is going. I have already tried closing the program and restarting it in...
  3. Sound not working and Settings app crashes on App Volume and Device Preferences

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working and Settings app crashes on App Volume and Device Preferences: My Windows version is given as Windows 10 - Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.765). Two days ago (May 14), after installing several updates via Windows Update, my system sound stopped working. I can't get any sound from either the built-in speakers or through earphones. In...
  4. App Volume and Device Preferences Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Volume and Device Preferences Not Working: I only found out about this feature a few days ago and decided to tweak a few things within it, nothing major. Though now when I go back to make additional changes, it only shows up briefly without list any apps and then immediately closes. Any idea what this might be?...
  5. Sound: App Volume and Device Preferences Question

Sound: App Volume and Device Preferences Question: Hey folks - My "search-fu" is a bit weak on this one and I haven't been able to find out whether someone else has seen and/or fixed this problem. First thing: I have multiple sound playback devices via a single USB connection into a mixer. It's 16 stereo playback devices and...
  6. Sound: App Volume and Device Preferences Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound: App Volume and Device Preferences Question: Hey folks - My "search-fu" is a bit weak on this one and I haven't been able to find out whether someone else has seen and/or fixed this problem. First thing: I have multiple sound playback devices via a single USB connection into a mixer. It's 16 stereo playback devices and...
  7. no input deviced in App volumen and deviced preferences

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no input deviced in App volumen and deviced preferences: no input deviced in App volumen and deviced preferences https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound/cdc0d7f3-0d59-4b64-9b10-268ca8bd878f
  8. App Volume and Device Preferences not persistent (Windows 10 1803)

App Volume and Device Preferences not persistent (Windows 10 1803): With the release of Windows 10 1803, I noticed that a virtual audio routing option had been added into the sound preferences to adjust the output device that a particular application should use when applications (like Spotify) that don't let you locally define the output...
  9. Default app volume in Volume mixer.

Default app volume in Volume mixer.: By default, Groove music is too loud, so I turn to the Volume mixer and set its volume to 1%. But when I close Groove window and launch it again, it again becomes 100% in the Volume mixer, so I need to change it every time. Can I solve this problem?...
  10. App-Specific Playback and Recording Preferences

App-Specific Playback and Recording Preferences: 1803 brought a new feature in the sound settings... Apparently you can select preferred playback and recording devices based on apps. I use Nuance Dragon Medical Practice Edition with a Philips SpeechMike to dictate charts at the hospital. I set Dragon and the Philips Device...