Windows 10: App volume/devices issue

Discus and support App volume/devices issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've been having some issues using the "App volume and device preferences" option under "Advanced sound options" in Windows 10. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by meehan, Jun 23, 2020.

1. meehan Win User

App volume/devices issue

Hi everyone,

I've been having some issues using the "App volume and device preferences" option under "Advanced sound options" in Windows 10. I have a few different audio channels and I want to have certain applications run through certain devices; however, while a few applications behave as expected a large number have various issues. The problems I'm encountering are this:

1. Some applications will run to the right device until I close and reopen them. Then, even though the setting still displays as the output device I selected, they will run through the default device until I "deselect" the device I want and then select it again.
    2. Some applications will run through the default device no matter what I set them to.
    3. Some applications will output certain sounds through the correct device, and then others through the default device (usually games, where sound effects are routed to the default device even when music is routed to a different device).

I installed EarTrumpet, thinking this would give me better options for controlling sound, but it seems like it just confirms the issue. I can see that when I change an application to the device I want it to, it will still show up under the default device and the visual monitor will show sounds still playing there.

If this were just one or even a couple of applications, I would assume it was an issue with the application, but this is quite a few applications affected by each issue. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks,
    -

Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900)

:)

meehan, Jun 23, 2020
  2. meehan Win User

App volume/devices issue

Hi everyone,

I've been having some issues using the "App volume and device preferences" option under "Advanced sound options" in Windows 10. I have a few different audio channels and I want to have certain applications run through certain devices; however, while a few applications behave as expected a large number have various issues. The problems I'm encountering are this:

1. Some applications will run to the right device until I close and reopen them. Then, even though the setting still displays as the output device I selected, they will run through the default device until I "deselect" the device I want and then select it again.
    2. Some applications will run through the default device no matter what I set them to.
    3. Some applications will output certain sounds through the correct device, and then others through the default device (usually games, where sound effects are routed to the default device even when music is routed to a different device).

I installed EarTrumpet, thinking this would give me better options for controlling sound, but it seems like it just confirms the issue. I can see that when I change an application to the device I want it to, it will still show up under the default device and the visual monitor will show sounds still playing there.

If this were just one or even a couple of applications, I would assume it was an issue with the application, but this is quite a few applications affected by each issue. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks,
    -

Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900)

meehan, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Win 10 Netflix app bug : constant 100% volume

I solved this issue by disabling "Exclusive Mode" for the playback device.

Step by step:

1. Right click on the taskbar volume icon
    2. playback devices
    3. right click on your default audio device
    4. properties
    5. Advanced Tab
    6. uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
    7. Apply

user680859, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

App volume/devices issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

App volume/devices issue

1. App volume/devices issue - Similar Threads - App volume devices

2. Understanding Volume Mixer & App volume and device preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Understanding Volume Mixer & App volume and device preferences: I am looking at the following Windows 10 sound windows: * App volume and device preferences * Volume Mixer The settings are the following: Master volumeOutput: Speakers High Definition Audio Device Google ChromeOutput: Speakers High Definition Audio Device Mozilla...
  3. App volume and device preferences doesn't remember device per App

App volume and device preferences doesn't remember device per App: Hi, I've got a little problem with audio in Win10 19042.906. The "App volume and device preferences" doesn't remember the Audio output device for the Application. Although it shows in the settings that the output is Set as I select, the Output is the same as the Default...
  4. APP Volume and Device Preferences not staying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    APP Volume and Device Preferences not staying: When I go to my advanced sound options and set my output devices to something other than default, when I restart my PC it switches them all back to default. How can I get them to be persistent and stay on the outputs I have designated them to? submitted by...
  5. App volume and device preferences Disable?

App volume and device preferences Disable?: Is it possible to completely disable that or remove apps from it? I am using Sonic Studio and It cannot hook onto apps that windows is using in there. submitted by /u/Erythreas34 [link] [comments]...
  6. App volume and device preferences not saving

App volume and device preferences not saving: When I amend a volume in the "App Volume and Device Prefences" it is not 'holding'. In other words..I set it at 50% for Audacity, then when I next reopen audacity it has reverted to 100%. What can I do. Windows 10....
  7. App volume and device preferences

App volume and device preferences: [ATTACH] For some reason, I didn't have any sound. So, I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it then updating, rollback the driver. I went to services and made sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder were running. I even refresh them and everything. So, I...
  8. App volume and device preferences

App volume and device preferences: https://i.imgur.com/E7kKZT4.png For some reason, I didn't have any sound. So, I tried updating the driver, uninstalling it then updating, rollback the driver. I went to services and made sure Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder were running. I even refresh them...
  9. App volume device preferences assistance

App volume device preferences assistance: Hi, I have a custom app that I would like to configure to have a unique sound profile, especially regarding Popup windows that occur within the app itself. My way to try to explore how to do this is to use the new feature Window 10 1803 April 2019. The screenshot below...
  10. App Volume and Device Preferences Not Working

App Volume and Device Preferences Not Working: I only found out about this feature a few days ago and decided to tweak a few things within it, nothing major. Though now when I go back to make additional changes, it only shows up briefly without list any apps and then immediately closes. Any idea what this might be?...