Windows 10: App will keep highlighting when mouse isn't over it.

Discus and support App will keep highlighting when mouse isn't over it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/7gshp0jrmwy81.png?width=395&format=png&auto=webp&s=6febe55f24727d829d59172212fa7a42c518f369 That's what it looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/porscheassorted, May 11, 2022.

1. App will keep highlighting when mouse isn't over it.

/u/porscheassorted, May 11, 2022

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 11, 2022
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Hi DorothyKaltz,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I recommend you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method: Highlighting and copy with mouse.

1. Click on the Windows logo
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Open the mouse & touchpad setting
    4. Turn off Scroll inactive windows
    5. Click on Advanced Mouse Options
    6. Adjust double click speed – (turning this setting down will help)

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 11, 2022
  4. App will keep highlighting when mouse isn't over it.

Can't Highlight words or links.

Hello Mokhy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Please reply:

• Are you not able to highlight the text or link by dragging the left click of the mouse?

• Do you get options when you left click on the link or sentence?

I suggest you to drag over the sentence or link by holding the left button of the mouse and check if the issue is resolved. Right click on the mouse to show a list of options to do with the highlighted sentence or link.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 11, 2022
Thema:

App will keep highlighting when mouse isn't over it.

1. App will keep highlighting when mouse isn't over it. - Similar Threads - App keep highlighting

2. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background keeps turning black when highlighting: When I click and hold left mouse button and drag my mouse across the screen it makes a black outline. I have updated my graphics drivers I have reset my graphics card and I have re-seated my graphics card and the problem still persists. Any help?...
  3. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background keeps turning black when highlighting: When I click and hold left mouse button and drag my mouse across the screen it makes a black outline. I have updated my graphics drivers I have reset my graphics card and I have re-seated my graphics card and the problem still persists. Any help?...
  4. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse Highlighted Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Highlighted Windows 11: If I press Ctrl twice in quick succession, my screen gets dark, except for the area around my mouse. I play a fair bit of games, so when this happens it is quite annoying. Anyone knows how to disable this?...
  6. Mouse is highlighting everything when I click

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse is highlighting everything when I click: [ATTACH]Some users are complaining that their mouse cursor highlights everything when they click. According to them, this issue is not associated with a particular application. When they work in Microsoft Word or in another similar application, their mouse cursor keeps...
  7. "Mouse Over"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Mouse Over": It used to be called "mouse over." Windows automatically switches to the open window under your mouse pointer. Is there a way to slow down the reaction time from instant. I often have multiple windows open and the one I want buries itself and I end up having to manually...
  8. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background keeps turning black when highlighting: Hello. Recently my desktop background has been going black whenever i highlight thing and drag my curser across my desktop screen. I have a video attached showing it happening. The only fix i have found is by going into task manager and restarting file explorer, but that fix...
  9. Mouse highlighting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse highlighting: I'm on a windows 10 and I did a mistype and activated some weird command that highlights every damn thing I click please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-highlighting/2b551e32-bb65-4b6e-8fab-e3069f3c365a
  10. Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it: Hello guys, Sometimes somehow it does stay on, while I'm doing other things and my mouse isn't over it, so I'm wondering - maybe there is a way to make a live preview of thumbnails always on intentionally? 79928