Windows 10: App will not run

Discus and support App will not run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all...I have installed an old app that was for xp and when I run it ,,it says that a dll file is not in the folder where the exe file is , but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by donnylad, Apr 3, 2018.

1. donnylad Win User

App will not run

Hi all...I have installed an old app that was for xp and when I run it ,,it says that a dll file is not in the folder where the exe file is , but when I look I can see that it is in fact there.
    It is only a small app, can anyone help please.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Apr 3, 2018
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 3, 2018
  3. Photos app will not run

If you don't want to go over the Checklist I gave you which can resolve most problems at the same time it optimizes the install, then you could skip to the Repair Install which reinstalls Windows 10 while keeping everything in place. Install Media Creation
    Tool to Upgrade this PC Now:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m...

But if you want the best install of all I'd do the Clean Install which should get you past all difficulties as it has hundreds of thousands of others who have followed the steps in this link and never come back to report another problem:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Make sure during the booted install to follow the illustrated steps to delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to get it cleanest, then click Next to let it auto-create the needed partitions, format them and begin install - this makes it foolproof.

You can unplug the other hard drive to preserve OneDrive, then when you open it from the new install link the existing files locations on D.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 3, 2018
  4. hawkman Win User

App will not run

Hi Len,

As its an XP app it might possibly require an earlier version of Netframework.

In settings >> Programs & features >> features > tick the NetframeWork 3.5 box

Roy

hawkman, Apr 3, 2018
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Apr 3, 2018
  6. donnylad Win User
    Thanks very much the net framework did it
    Len

donnylad, Apr 3, 2018
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Glad you're fixed. *Thumbs

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

App will not run

1. App will not run - Similar Threads - App run

2. Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days: Hello, we have an issue with a d3d11 software we develop in C++ for years. After running for multiple days, usually over 40 hours, we get a hang in win32u.dll!NtGdiDdDDIDestroyAllocation2. The process becomes stuck and impossible to kill via any means. We tried pskill,...
  3. Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unkillable app in NtGdi DestroyAllocation2 after d3d11.dll Flush when running for multiple days: Hello, we have an issue with a d3d11 software we develop in C++ for years. After running for multiple days, usually over 40 hours, we get a hang in win32u.dll!NtGdiDdDDIDestroyAllocation2. The process becomes stuck and impossible to kill via any means. We tried pskill,...
  4. " this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    " this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software...: can someone please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-to-find-a-version-for/66260c2f-7bb2-4b43-a809-c6772aed3229
  5. " this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software...: can someone please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-to-find-a-version-for/66260c2f-7bb2-4b43-a809-c6772aed3229
  6. " this app cant run on your pc, to find a version for your pc, check with the software...

7. how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen: how do I make Windows run all apps in 60hz? every app that is not on true full screen feels like it is running on a lower hertz for example, whenever I play Minecraft I have to fullscreen the game to make it run at a smooth 60hz but while in windowed mode it feels like it...
  8. how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen

how to make windows run every apps in 60hz without fullscreen: how do I make Windows run all apps in 60hz? every app that is not on true full screen feels like it is running on a lower hertz for example, whenever I play Minecraft I have to fullscreen the game to make it run at a smooth 60hz but while in windowed mode it feels like it...
  9. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.: Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon...
  10. Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wrongly trying to run app in elevated mode.: Hi, I would greatly appreciate help in getting Dragon Professional 16 DP16 running again on my work PC. IT have put it into a too hard basket. OS is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909. I am 'dhutch', a simple end-user at our institution. The error message is always 'Dragon...