Windows 10: App window sizing lost on clean boots.

Discus and support App window sizing lost on clean boots. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why is it that all of the custom window sizing of my apps is occasionally lost on clean boots? 123099 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kol12, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

App window sizing lost on clean boots.

Why is it that all of the custom window sizing of my apps is occasionally lost on clean boots?

:)

Kol12, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Dec 7, 2018
  3. GSG-9 Win User
    Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, Dec 7, 2018
  4. App window sizing lost on clean boots.

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

App window sizing lost on clean boots.

1. App window sizing lost on clean boots. - Similar Threads - App window sizing

2. How to fix lost functionality after doing a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix lost functionality after doing a clean boot?: I performed a clean boot and lost my functionality to log in. My fingerprint nor pin will work and I’m just stuck on my Lock Screen with no access to my PC...
  3. How to fix lost functionality after doing a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix lost functionality after doing a clean boot?: I performed a clean boot and lost my functionality to log in. My fingerprint nor pin will work and I’m just stuck on my Lock Screen with no access to my PC...
  4. Windows Clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Clean boot: Performing a clean boot in Windows 8/8,1/101. Sign in to the computer as an administrator. 2. In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.Important: If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might...
  5. Windows Clean boot

Windows Clean boot: Performing a clean boot in Windows 8/8,1/101. Sign in to the computer as an administrator. 2. In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.Important: If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might...
  6. App window size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App window size: I use a software for work. I had two windows of the software open and used the snap feature to make the windows full screen and side by side. Now I cannot get the windows to the smaller width they were at before using the snap feature. I tried the alt + spacebar shortcut...
  7. App window size

App window size: I use a software for work. I had two windows of the software open and used the snap feature to make the windows full screen and side by side. Now I cannot get the windows to the smaller width they were at before using the snap feature. I tried the alt + spacebar shortcut...
  8. App window size

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. clean boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    clean boot: does perfoming a clean boot specified in your website this cause any file loss? also my start icon and key does not open the start menu. same with action center . is it a hardware problem or the software problem?...
  10. Custom-sized Windows boot drive when Clean Installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom-sized Windows boot drive when Clean Installing: When performing a clean custom install of Windows 10 and the user wishes to generate a custom-sized Windows boot drive, there is a major fault in the process; I was clean installing Windows 10 v2004 Build 19041.264 x64. When users want to allocate a bespoke sized boot drive...