Windows 10: App windows keep collapsing to one-quarter of the screen size

Discus and support App windows keep collapsing to one-quarter of the screen size in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, 64-bit, and my screen saver is set for 60 minutes. Any app that I have open, whether it's open in full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joseph_Lynch##, Jul 14, 2020.

1. App windows keep collapsing to one-quarter of the screen size

Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, 64-bit, and my screen saver is set for 60 minutes. Any app that I have open, whether it's open in full screen or half screen, will collapse to about one-quarter of the screen size if my PC is idle for more than about 15 minutes; this is very annoying because then I have to resize all the windows again. This only started happening when I installed Office 365 about a month ago. Any suggestions why this is happening and how to stop it? Thanks for any help.

:)

Joseph_Lynch##, Jul 14, 2020

2. Quarter size Circles in the screen take control of the mouse

Hi,

• Did you check if you are typing in the correct password? Click on the eye icon right to the password to see if you have typed in the correct password.

Try the below steps to resolve the issue;

• Press the Windows Key and the Spacebar at the same time to check the keyboard language and layout. While holding the Windows Key, press the spacebar repeatedly to change the keyboard layout.
    • If you are signing in to Microsoft account, from another device, verify that you can successfully sign into
      http://account.live.com with the same Microsoft account email and password.

Once you sign in, please follow the above instruction as I have given and check if quarter size circles are appearing.

Hope you ca sign in.

Keep us updated on the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Rishad K T, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Jul 14, 2020
  4. App windows keep collapsing to one-quarter of the screen size

Quarter size Circles in the screen take control of the mouse

I am having a problem with quarter size circles appearing on my screen that flicker. When they appear the mouse is out of control, programs open and close by themselves, the screen scrolls. I tried to get help from Microsoft Tech Support, they installed
    and removed spyware, cleaned programs that I did not use but the problem did not go away. Has anyone experienced this problem. It started to happen after I upgraded to Windows 10

Thanks

MariayPeter, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

App windows keep collapsing to one-quarter of the screen size

1. App windows keep collapsing to one-quarter of the screen size - Similar Threads - App keep collapsing

2. Windows 10 mail printing on one quarter of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail printing on one quarter of page: Today, I printed an email from Windows 10 Mail. The Mail app version is Version 16005.13426.20316.0. I printed by clicking the "..." at top right, then selecting Print. I was printing to letter sized paper. Print preview looks normal. However, when I print, the print is...
  3. The bottom right quarter of my windows 10 screen is unresponsive!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The bottom right quarter of my windows 10 screen is unresponsive!: So today I got into my windows 10 laptop, then I realized that exactly the bottom right quarter of my screen was completly unresponsive to touch and also mouse clicks! All the documents, files, ect, are stuck in the corner and it annoys me! I need help as soon as possible....
  4. App keeps screen on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    App keeps screen on: Good evening I have an app that I use to record TV in the background and everytime I use it the screen stays open even when I lock the screen How do I make it so the screen goes to sleep?? Not the computer just the screen...
  5. Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been...: Since some recent update, I can't keep the left side menu open that shows all my different inboxes and folders. First it was downgraded by MS to only be visible when in full-screen. Now it's even worse and forces itself to collapse in full-screen as well. This has...
  6. Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen

Printscreen only captures a quarter of the screen: whenever I try to take a screenshot it only captures a quarter of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printscreen-only-captures-a-quarter-of-the-screen/4d1b2415-6dfd-49ad-aa26-876b8f98bf08
  7. mail account panel keeps collapsing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail account panel keeps collapsing: I have multiple email accounts that I view in Microsoft Mail. The window on the left keeps collapsing every time I open a message. How do I keep it open so I can see all of my accounts?...
  8. pc collapse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc collapse: I left the pc Ok at night. When I came the next morning nothing worked. I have win 10. I finally took it to Office Depot, where I had purchased it. After 2 days I got back half working, the rest was gone. The technician said it was due to Microsoft....
  9. task bar keeps collapsing to one task tall

task bar keeps collapsing to one task tall: I adjust the task bar to be two tasks tall and then lock it. As soon as the computer reboots, it is back to one task tall and locked. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-keeps-collapsing-to-one-task-tall/2f4dcccb-418b-40cc-a778-27ffef099c01
  10. App download size keeps growing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App download size keeps growing: I wanted to re download Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, but after the download reached the app's size, the app just keeps on downloading and the size of the app follows with it. As of right now, the app's size went from around 50 gb to 115 gb and I'm not sure what to do....