Windows 10: App wndows open black

Discus and support App wndows open black in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; have black rectangle when opening word, excel, task manager, etc. Can't close. Can't use. Help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonKaufman, Mar 18, 2020.

1. App wndows open black

have black rectangle when opening word, excel, task manager, etc. Can't close. Can't use. Help?

:)

RonKaufman, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App wndows open black :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Aruntosa Win User
    Wndows 10 start menu upon typing does'nt list the options to select, shows a black and blank menu instead

Wndows 10 start menu upon typing does'nt list the options to select, shows a black and blank menu instead

Aruntosa, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

App wndows open black

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

App wndows open black

1. App wndows open black - Similar Threads - App wndows open

2. Failed to activate wndows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to activate wndows: Hello, I use Windows 10. I have the latest updates Anyway, I cannot view my Alexa app it says failed to activate windows. I have uninstalled, re-installed it what can I do?...
  3. Photos App opens with black screen

Photos App opens with black screen: Good day I am experiencing a problem where the Windows 10 photos application is opening black images and this started a couple of weeks ago. The files can be opened on a different machine and I can also open the files using IrfanView on the same PC Dell Vostro 3500 with...
  4. Apps blacked and not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps blacked and not opening: So I just recently upgraded my Sister's laptop from 8.1 to 10 pro. After setting up all stuffs and updating drivers etc. I downloaded Minecraft and other things for her. Next day We saw the default apps aren't opening as well as apps and games from store. They're all black...
  5. Wndows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wndows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down: Hi, My Windows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down to the point that it is unusable and I must reset it. It is slow to fetch emails, open emails, change folders, etc. I've tried resetting the app, reinstalling it, messing around with sync settings, all to no avail. I've made sure...
  6. Wndows File Explorer and other apps take much longer to open file structure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wndows File Explorer and other apps take much longer to open file structure: Using Win 10 with all current Updates, File Explorer, Win Office apps, and other applications are taking longer to open the file structure to save, save as or just explore the Files/Folders. The same for Rename. It takes up to 2 minutes to open File Explorer or to go to...
  7. Program opens Wndows installer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program opens Wndows installer: I have windows 10 and for the last 3 weeks ive had a problem where everytime i open a program bruteforce savedata ive been using this for years no problems it attempts to install a program via windows installer called resume maker i tried uninstalling reinstalling no fix...
  8. wndows 10 mail app

wndows 10 mail app: I can't find this newer app installed on my windows 10 laptop. I don't think it ever installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wndows-10-mail-app/2e02b717-0cec-44d4-8a57-e27f3dc6cc32
  9. Wndows 10 app menus

Wndows 10 app menus: Why do the windows default apps such as mail, have Greek menus and dialogue and not English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/wndows-10-app-menus/bc5a0ba6-a898-4a12-b240-cf6d7278c33d
  10. Wndows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wndows Update: Hi, when I choose Inställningar ( in Swedish ) and then Windows update I receive a new windows with some choosw like Windows Update, but all is blank in then windows and nothing happens when I click the items in the left raw. All the other choose ( like networks and accounts...