Windows 10: Apparent bug: Windows 11 Sound icon in Notification bar is in the wrong state at startup or...

Discus and support Apparent bug: Windows 11 Sound icon in Notification bar is in the wrong state at startup or... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not the biggest thing in the world I accept! But, here, the sound icon in the notification bar shows "muted" on startup or after sleep although sounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jong365, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Jong365 Win User

Apparent bug: Windows 11 Sound icon in Notification bar is in the wrong state at startup or...

Not the biggest thing in the world I accept! But, here, the sound icon in the notification bar shows "muted" on startup or after sleep although sounds are heard. If you click on the "muted speaker" icon in the sound bar and then click on the "muted speaker" icon in the popup settings menu the sound is then actually muted and the icon remains unchanged. Another press of this icon unmutes sound and changes to the regular unmuted speaker icon. So, it seems, for some reason, this icon is just out of sync with the true state after startup or sleep.

:)

Jong365, Oct 7, 2021

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

I'm not great with languages but what I see is right to left of the Notification Area. Mine is left to right:

Apparent bug: Windows 11 Sound icon in Notification bar is in the wrong state at startup or... [​IMG]

Some adjustments can be made to what is shown is accomplished by clicking the small up arrow to get the full list. Also right-clicking the Taskbar and choosing Taskbar settings then going to the Notification area can lead to enabling or disabling features on the bar.

Can't say about the clock but that suggests the whole screen may have been rotated or flipped.

Berton, Oct 7, 2021
  4. TAU
    Tau Win User

Apparent bug: Windows 11 Sound icon in Notification bar is in the wrong state at startup or...

Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons

How do I get rid of the vertical (redundant) sound bar icon from Windows 10 Home without editing the registry?

Apparent bug: Windows 11 Sound icon in Notification bar is in the wrong state at startup or... [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Apparent bug: Windows 11 Sound icon in Notification bar is in the wrong state at startup or... - Similar Threads - Apparent bug Sound

2. Windows 11 sound bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sound bug: For months I have not been able to use my laptop with sound it's dual-booted and my Linux os works just fine by the way. I am running it with windows 11, both the internal speakers nor connected devices work correctly. They play no sound apart from when I click test in the...
  3. Windows 11 notifications bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 notifications bug: Hey,I have been noticing lately, that my notification center is bugged.I receive notifications from all apps that I have installed, except for Discord.There, the notification pops up and as soon as it slides to the right, the notification area buggs, the little "1" icon...
  4. Windows 11 notifications bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 notifications bug: Hey,I have been noticing lately, that my notification center is bugged.I receive notifications from all apps that I have installed, except for Discord.There, the notification pops up and as soon as it slides to the right, the notification area buggs, the little "1" icon...
  5. Apparent bug: Windows 11 Sound icon in Notification bar is in the wrong state at startup or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apparent bug: Windows 11 Sound icon in Notification bar is in the wrong state at startup or...: Not the biggest thing in the world I accept! But, here, the sound icon in the notification bar shows "muted" on startup or after sleep although sounds are heard. If you click on the "muted speaker" icon in the sound bar and then click on the "muted speaker" icon in the popup...
  6. Windows 10 playing wrong startup sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 playing wrong startup sound: I enabled the windows ten startup sound tonight, but on startup it seems to be playing the windows vista/windows 7 sound. Is this normal or can it be fixed?...
  7. Bug with icons on the task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug with icons on the task bar: [IMG] Since the update, I unpinned the windows edge, and now the icons do not collapse anymore. Its like there is a missing icon in-between them. Not a huge deal, but still kinda annoys me, hope it gets fixed or its a new setting I'm not aware of....
  8. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  9. notifications in icon on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    notifications in icon on task bar: i accidently stopped notifications from games like ceasars slots showing in the icon on the task bar. how do i get these back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-in-icon-on-task-bar/adef0a98-83a7-4046-a8af-a5b859d19c0e
  10. Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons: How do I get rid of the vertical (redundant) sound bar icon from Windows 10 Home without editing the registry? [img] 20857